“Best cheat day ever!!!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Joo Chiat
Description: Great variety of seafood bathed in our delectable sauces, indulged with nothing but your bare hands. A place where family and friends gather to get down and dirty! Bring yourselves down to experience dining the tastiest way!
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Ok! It's not a place to go you're going on a first date but hey if the girl can take sloppiness, unpretentious and not to mention the heat!! This is the place to be!! I've been working out and going on diet the whole week!! Today!! Today is the cheat day for me!!! I get to eat what ever want and I chose this place! It turns out to be the best decision for the week!! We murdered the crabs and shrimps!!!

1  Thank Hust K
Eldricchew, Owner at Full Of Crab, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hi Hust K,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We hope your diet goes well, and do remember us again for your next cheat day!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The concept of places like these were:

-you get no utensils (only hands)
-an apron (so you don't make a mess on your clothes)
-the seafood comes in a clear bag & is emptied on the table.

I know, it sounds rustic & a little unbecoming but my,oh my.....by the end of the meal, you couldn't care less.

The 3 of us went there on 24 May 2014 for dinner. I had read the reviews on several similar restaurants but this had better reviews so i decided to give it a try. When we arrived, the place looked quite empty which made me wonder whether I made big mistake in coming here. I decided "What the heck, we might as well".

The waitress was very helpful & explained the choices & prices. We decided on the combo meal that had 1kg of Sri Lankan crab & 500g of prawns. Selection of sauces were Cajun, Garlic butter & Fully loaded (which was a mix of the first 2) while there were 3 spice levels.

We decided on Fully loaded with the highest spice level and the food came in 15mins.

One word - WOW!

Blady spicy!! But SUPER delicious! First taste & our toungues were on fire! Mind you, we're indians who eat copious amounts of chilli padi (that's bird's eye chilli for the rest of you). By the end of the first meal, one friend had to stop eating while the other's eyes started tearing. I was sweating buckets but was gleefully and thoroughly enjoying my meal. The crabs were sweet and the prawns were juicy and delicious! Super fresh seafood with a chockful of taste! We ended up ordering another combo set but this time, we tried the garlic butter. Enjoyed this as well.

By the end of the night, our foreheads were perspiring, our tongues were burning, juices were dripping down our hands but we had big smiles on our faces. It was a bit pricy as the bill came up to $240 (including 2 beers) but I'm totally coming here again. Am already planning my next visit! :)

1  Thank shirl79
Eldricchew, Owner at Full Of Crab, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Hi Shirl 79!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

First time ever! Best experience. No utensils policy. Good food. Yummy taste. Maybe a little pricey. And restaurant is under staff. Overall, excellent!

1  Thank sp3ak_christ

Hi Sp3ak_christ,

Thank you so much for the review and we hope to see you soon at Full Of Crab!

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Found this restaurant by chance whilst looking for somewhere else and it was fantastic. Great food. I shared snow crab in garlic sauce with my daughter and it was so tasty. The staff were great and we got to add to the graffiti wall and sample a brand new desert. Will definitely go back when i visit Singapore again

1  Thank kiwijones3

Hi Kiwijones3,

We are glad that our garlic smell that wafted to your nearby hotel was able to entice you and your family to Full Of Crab! We hope to see you again the next time you are back in Singapore!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is not the place for a first date, romantic evening nor to linger over dinner and chat with friends. This is the place to go for a fun, funky dining experience. The menu is limited and, as the name suggests, is focused on crabs. We ordered a crab and shrimp combo which arrived in a large plastic bag in a fire bucket. The bag was placed on the table rolled down and in we tucked. There is no cutlery nor plates. You eat off the paper covered table with your hands. We accompanied our meal with a baguette and the crispest fried imaginable. The crab and shrimp were delicious and the baguette essential for mopping up the ample sauce. The restaurant is tastefully decorated, befitting the concept, the staff very friendly and the prices reasonable considering what you are eating. We will most certainly go back.

1  Thank IainMacpherson

Hi Iain!

Thank you so much for the great review! We definitely hope to see you soon at Full Of Crab!