“Good food and service, as always” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Good food and service, as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2017

I usually come here yearly for lunch before an appointment. This time, I brought my dad along. This year, we arrived just after 12.30pm, and went to the restaurant. It had a queue, but we were quickly seated (as we shared the table with other people). Each of us ordered the usual place of chicken rice, which came with soup - it was tasty as always, and service was excellent.

Consistently good quality of food, efficient service.

• Visited January 2017

• Indonesian first
“Hainanese Chicken Rice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Very good and authentic Hainanese chicken rice. The chicken meat is very tender and tasty. I feel that the rice is a little on the hard side as I prefer softer rice. The chicken stock is refreshing too. The price very affordable!

Visited February 2017
Singapore
“No frills chicken rice ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Visited this old shop for lunch when passing by orchard road.

Good old chicken rice without grills. Love the chili and ginger paste. Rice is fragrant without being too oily. Chicken is tender though portion not exactly big but it's cheap considering where it's located. $5 a plate of good old chicken rice.

Visited December 2016
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken rice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2016

Ate the best chicken rice ever in this tiny cafe. Service was so quick , food very very tasty and the staff very friendly. So cheap too!

Visited November 2016
“Worst of the worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2016

This place exudes a brand new level of absurdity. I have a string of invective to describe this place that can’t be printed in this blog. The food is actually not bad, but the unethical and fussy whims could hardly be more off-putting.

Yes, this is where you get ripped off. And in case you’re wondering, I’d ordered for a chicken drumstick to go along with my chicken rice, while lunching with my three colleagues. After they’d served everyone else, they told me that they can’t serve me the drumstick and offered other parts of the chicken. When I pointed out that there are drumsticks visibly available and that I was willing to pay extra, they told me that I need to order half the chicken to get the drumstick. To put things in perspective for them, I pointed out that the four of us dining together would have already ordered the equivalent of half a chicken. But alas, no amount of discussion would persuade them to serve my order. They had no answer to my question as to why they didn’t make their policy clear at point of taking our orders instead of when my colleagues had already started on their meal.

This place – where the customer is rarely right – should be declared a disaster area. This is the true truth as I say it as it is…

Visited September 2016