“I LOVE THIS PLACE!”
Review of The Sushi Bar

The Sushi Bar
Ranked #732 of 11,275 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Price wise, they are not under cheap eats but they do deliver on their value. I ordered 3 dishes with hot green tea and pay close to $80 for 2 pax.

1. Dragon roll - crunchy on the inside but this is my least fav as it's quite pricey.
2. Salmon aburi roll - Super yummy and soft salmon. Texture is nice and melts in the mouth
3. Chirashi don - Very fresh selection and good deal of varieties in that decent sized bowl of don.

Place was crowded during late dinner time at 9pm, but understandable since i fully enjoyed the jap fare i had with my friend. Is definitely my top 5 jap restaurants to go if i crave for fresh fish!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

I've been to the Sushi Bar numerous times but will only write a consolidated review to save myself from looking like a suspicious spammer.

It is a fantastic place, and definitely one I always recommend when I hear of someone looking to go for sashimi/chirashi. Not only do you get very generous servings, but it is also very fresh and affordable for what you get. Contrary to some reviews that say that the chirashi is too expensive, I have yet to find any other restaurant in Singapore that offers the same quality & quantity of fresh fish for this price just yet.

Both the kaisen chirashi(sliced fish) and aburi kaisen chirashi(torched sliced fish) are good, but I have not tried the bara chirashi(cube sashimi). I also recommend the hamachi kama(grilled yellowtail collar) which has always been really well done, but you must allow for 25 to 30 minutes for it to be done. They also do have good maki rolls, but I would not say they are a must-have due to contents/sauces and how food is really subjective.

I would also recommend you go for the Ngee Ann(Takashimaya) outlet as it is bigger and has more seats. Do note your entire party needs to be present to get a seat, although if you are really early and they are empty, they may flex on this.
Also, if you intend to arrive after 6.45pm, do make reservations. If before then, you should be able to get seats provided you are not in a large party.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

It was absolutely delicious. We stepped in having read the reviews already and were expecting good food.

We ordered two normal Chirashi dons (which were, in hindsight too much and should've shared), a Salmon Aburi, Chawanmushi and green tea. The Chirashi Dons were delicious, fresh mix of fish and perfect amount of rice to go with. Salmon Aburi was melt in the mouth good, Salmon just melted in our mouths along with the crisp veg and sushi. Chawanmushi was silky smooth and delicious.

Service was great, prompt, quick and friendly. Ambiance could be better but food is more important to me. Be prepared to pay for more premium bowls of fish/sashimi/sushi but in my opinion it'll be worth it.

Went early evening on a weekday and there wasn't a queue.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

This place focuses on the most important thing.

Not the decor, furnishings, uniforms etc... but the Food.

Keeping the other items to minimum, the key focal areas would be great quality and portions that are not charged at ridiculous prices.

Any other nicer restaurant would see the prices rice 50 to 100% more.

Must try:
Chirashi Bowl- splurge for the premium or seasonal. Enough for 2 persons.
Top that off with one of their arburi rolls...
Or any other sashimi

Heavenly.

This is a place you would see people who would spend a lot on omakase else where drop in for a quick lunch.

I personally prefer this outlet over the other one at takashimaya

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

I usually eat only the salmon sashimi. But for the first time, my brother-in-law ordered the above. It was a combination of Tuna, swordfish etc. Man, it was amazing. No fishy taste despite the thick slices. Good stuff. The portions were huge. The pricing is affordable for the portions contrary to other reviewers.

My only gripe is the thick slices. Wished it could be thinner. But still, good stuff. Go for it.