“Great experience”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Area/City Area
Reviewed 14 March 2016

Had an interesting interpretation of sushi for dinner. We were early and took the opportunity to walk around the hotel before going into the restaurant. The restaurant staff was helpful in seating us right in front of the chef, we were the second couple to be seated. The chef's presentation was great and he tried to explained each and every serving. Great experience, overall.

Date of visit: August 2015
Write a reviewReviews (101)

Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Had dinner at Shinji, amazing food with in-house entertainment by Japanese chef. The food is as good as you are eating in Japan. Chefs are really friendly when you are seated at the counter. Fresh handmade sushi and amazing dishes.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank zhengwei84
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Fresh fish. Great interior. Fantastic food. My opinion is that it's not a bad option for sushi sashimi outside of Japan. A bit pricey but for me it was well worth it.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 27 September 2015

There are a few premium omakase restaurants in Singapore and they all offer pretty good service and food so its very difficult to stand out. A lot of things also depend on the chemistry with the chef. I had been to the Shinji at Raffles Hotel before and I had been disappointed because I didn't think the service, ambience and food were worth the price so it took me a while to come back.

We came back to this place for a special occasion. We ordered the medium priced menu at SGD 300/pax and it was very good. The starter was very interesting and definitely worth it. Sashimi portion was disappointingly small but nice. Warm food was good. Then the sushi started coming and it was very good. Desert was fruits and simple.

Ambience is very nice around a sushi bar. So hopefully you like the crowd and then the dinner can become very fun.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 9 September 2015

One of the best Jap restaurant in Singapore. Sushi is fresh and every dish is nice. I tried the S$320 dinner set meal and its wow for me. I havent had such nice japanese sahshimi and sushi for a long time. Definitely one of the best!

Date of visit: September 2015