“Best Japanese ever had. ”
Review of Shinji by Kanesaka

Shinji by Kanesaka
Ranked #535 of 13,777 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Area/City Area
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

I visited last Saturday and tried omakase shin. I gained 2 kg right after the meal but with no regret. :D Me and my husband are talking about the texture of their sashimi and the rice of sushi to the whole world since the night. Oh just try!

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank hayanc
Write a reviewReviews (101)

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

My buddy celebrated my birthday by taking us to this Michelin One Star restaurant for lunch.

The food was pretty good, not out-of-this-world good, but it was pretty decent. We sat at the bar and had the omakase special. Service was good.

Lunch was very filling, and the bill came to slightly below $1300 for the three of us. Definitely not cheap...

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 14 July 2016

The Sushi here is excellent. The meals served here are very similar to the other branch at Raffles Hotel. However, I think there are some slight differences; e.g. we've had caviar served as a topping, which I guess is not a very traditional sushi ingredient. This is something I've never seen at the Raffles Hotel branch. It was good regardless, so this isn't a complaint. The ambiance here is really nice too, even more so that the Raffles Hotel branch in my opinion. The lighting is dim and soft and makes for a more romantic atmosphere. Service here is excellent as well, you see the chefs at work and they are very attentive and accommodating.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016

came here for a business lunch. the food was exquisite and felt like a very traditional Japanese sushi counter restaurant where the focus is on quality and not quantity. would definitely come back again.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Once agin, back to Shinji again for gathering with my friend(s). Thank you Chef Keiichi Kobayashi for preparing such wonderful lunch. Yummy and thumbs up. Best in town indeed. Thank you for arranging a special birthday surprise for my friend. I do appreciate that.

Date of visit: May 2016