All reviews joo chiat road paya lebar mrt geylang serai mrt station fairprice supermarket budget hotel minute walk changi airport bus stop no window without windows mini fridge rooms are clean hotel is located free wifi compared to other hotels local food
Reviewed 16 January 2016

nice, clean hotel. We had a comfortable stay for four nights. good quality bed and bath. proximity to Paya Lebar MRT and accessibility to eatery. helpful staff. 20 min drive to Changi airport. true value for money.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2016

I booked a twin-bed room for four nights. The room is clean, tidy and big enough for two people although the two single beds are very standard size. The bathroom is spacious and the water is strong enough. I stayed in a room with windows, which made me feel better, not like staying in a jail. One thing about the room which was good enough was that there was not a lamp or light near the working area. It would be better if some light or a lamp could be provided on that area. The lobby area provided seats for people. I like the swing chair.

The location is pretty convenient. You can take bus 24 from the airport and get off at Joo Chiat Complex, then walk for about 3 minutes to the hotel. There are also lots of eateries nearby. If y want a bit far, you can also find a mall. A supermarket is just opposite the hotel. However, it is a bit far from MRT, about 15 min walk. There are lots of buses running nearby the hotel.

The staff were helpful and friendly when I was staying there. The housekeepers kept my room clean and very polite.

I would recommend travellers staying in this hotel and I will stay there again when I travel to Singapore in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room with windows. If you are a single traveller, choose a double bed room.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2015

This was a great hotel to choose as a one-night Stopover as it is quite close to the airport but is clean, compact and has the basics of everything that you need.

I would recommend this hotel for a single traveller, not for two or more. The room was small in size but I was not disappointed as it was only for a one-night, quick stop.

Room Tip: The room I was in, did not have a window.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank MW0509
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed here as we had an early flight next day. Good location and cheap taxis to and from the airport. Caters to Asian clientele doing the same. Nice and helpful staff at desk. Rooms are ok and area around feels safe. Close to public transport.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Before we booked this, I read up extensively on the reviews here on Tripadvisor. Most made a big fuss about the location, but in reality we didn't have much of a problem with it.

Me and my girlfriend stayed here on extremely short notice because our trip to Taiwan got cancelled at the very last minute and all our usual Singapore hotels were fully booked. Most of the earlier reviews said be wary because it was near the Geylang red-light district, but we never once felt uncomfortable nor was it something that ever got into our consciousness as we walked around.

It's in a predominantly cultural, Muslim side of town but we felt this was great if you wanted a more authentic Singapore experience ( and this actually worked well for us as we nearly always stay in MBS)

Cab driver didn't have trouble finding the place, which we thought was great as a lot of these budget hotels are almost always in the nether regions of town. We arrived a bit early for check-in and the kind front desk officer allowed us to leave our things while we grabbed a quick lunch. She was quite amiable and helpful so cheers to that. Lobby has a pretty quirky, modern design and you can even borrow some DVD's if I recall. Room beat our expectations for the price point - was comfortable, had sufficient AC, great internet and had a contemporary feel to it. It was also much roomier than expected.

Some points of note -

A pretty good mall ( One KM) with a great foodcourt and most supplies you need is around a 10 minute, easy to find walk from the hotel ( we timed ourselves, two former athletes in their 30's) and the Paya Lebar MRT station from that point is an extra 5 minutes. So if you're coming home from your itinerary expect a 15 minute walk from the MRT to the hotel. It's a pretty safe, well-lit route though, seems like a typical commute for students and workers.

You will pass by a 24-hour foodcourt that you could try if you want authentic local dishes and a good feel for the place.

Our only gripe - when they made us go up during check-in they were still making up the room ( which is a no-no in my book). Also had to navigate the narrow, single lane hallway with our luggage while traversing the maintenance man who was fixing something on a ladder ( to his credit, he was apologetic).

By most counts though we found this to be a great value-for-money location and would highly recommend to business travellers who don't mind being in the "cultural" side of town.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms should be spacious enough for most transient travellers :)
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple