Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2020

Our family needed two rooms. One was GREAT, the other decidedly was NOT, hence my 3* rating.
The room my husband and I occupied was tiny, but very clean. We slept well. We were grateful that there was a luggage rack, since our previous hotel had nowhere except the bed to put out luggage on.
But just down the hall, as soon as you entered our daughter's room, there was a faint smell of sewage from the bathroom. And between the bottom sheet and the mattress was hair, thick inexplicable black hair which was "leaking" out from under the sheet. She pulled out handfuls of what should have been vacuumed or cleaned away before she arrived, causing us to question whether the sheets had actually been changed since the previous tenant. This was surprising to us because Singapore is very CLEAN. What maid would leave that?
I also need to comment that the photos on this site must be of the more expensive rooms. Ours barely had room to move around. I am not complaining about that. Our previous experience with budget hotels was the same. It's just what you get in Singapore if you don't pay top dollar. But I don't want anyone to be deceived by those pictures!
We also appreciated that (unlike another hotel where we stayed) there was a small lounge in the lobby where one could sit and read or drink a cup of coffee. With the rooms being so small, the only place to relax is on the bed.
The location is great with lots of eateries nearby (local ones, not fast food franchises) and the walk to the metro stop is short. Geylang is the legal red light district of Singapore, but it also has the cheapest hotels. We've never seen anything inappropriate, nor has my husband ever been solicited there

Room tip: If you want a bigger room, pay more!
Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Jennifer2838
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at ibis budget Singapore Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear Jennifer2838,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with the Hotel Team.

The Geylang district is as safe as any other part of Singapore, and it is one of the most authentic and vibrant areas of the city. I am glad you and your family members felt comfortable staying with us during your travels here Singapore.

Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping lapses you encountered during your stay with us. Your feedback shall be shared with the Hotel Team for further improvement in these areas.

The room images you had seen in the property page of the hotel booking site are taken on-site by a professional photographer and represents the actual rooms.

The Hotel Team hopes to welcome you back to a better experience in the future.

Regards,
Jack Chee
Senior Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2019

Ok this was my second time staying in Geylang area when in Singapore. Geylang is notorious for their red light district area but we don't really mind. In facts, me and my friend got a peaceful and quite stay in this hotel.

We know the hotel is still in major renovation to make their facility better. From Fragrance Ruby Hotel to Ibis Budget Singapore Ruby so Accor took it under their wing. Expect the construction noise but we really didn't get any bother. We know the construction will be on during daytime but we were not in the hotel and at night, we had a peaceful sleep.

The location is not too far from MRT Aljunied if you wanted to walk around maybe 10-12 minutes but you can take a bus from MRT Aljuneid to nearby bus stop, it's only 1-stop just check your google map for direction and bus number you should take.

Lobby is small but looks modern and clean, the elevator floor is dirty with dust and it's understandable because of the construction workers.

Our room is small but comfy, clean, simple, and served as it purpose. The wi-fi was pretty fast. Air conditioner is really cool, heater worked fine, and it seems the bedding, wallpaper, electric outlet, and any other amenities and furniture just got major renovation as well. Good job!!!

Overall we're satisfied, quite surrounding but offers affordable eateries and convenient stores, strategic with bus stop options in the south and north, and good job.

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank StalloneT
GlobalPremiumHotels, Owner at ibis budget Singapore Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2020

Dear StalloneT,

Thank you for choosing ibis budget - Ruby as your preferred hotel to set up base-camp while exploring sunny Singapore!

We are delighted to hear of your wonderful ibis experience, and deeply appreciate your understanding of the ongoing refurbishment works to deliver even more wonderful moments for our guests in the near future!

It has been our utmost pleasure to have served you well, and we would love to welcome you back with us again in 2020.

We wish you a blissful holiday season, and a fulfilling year to come!

Season's Greetings,
Thaddaeus
Guest Experience Executive

Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

I stay here for 2 nights, small room but nice, clean and comfy, but if you bring a big luggage or you bring so many stuff, it won't suit you unless it's ok for you with a small room and stuff
No cupboard to place stuff, but there is wall hanger and folding rack
You can hear sounds from outside

Hot water, condiments, hairdryer is great

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank anselmusian
GlobalPremiumHotels, Owner at ibis budget Singapore Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2019

Dear Anselmusian,

Thank you for your delightful review for ibis budget - Ruby, and highlighting the various benefits of being our guests!

Our hotel is intended for savvy travellers looking for a strategic place to set up their base-camp with great value, and many guests have done exactly that!

Please return to stay with us for more urban adventures here in sunny Singapore!

Best Regards,
Thaddaeus
Guest Experience Executive

Reviewed 7 December 2019

Our experiences on this hotel did not meet my expectations. Though we were informed that the hotel is under renovations but a lot of inconveniences you will experience. Workers are using the guest elevators, construction noise is unbearable and the hotel floor lobby is messy with debris , guest's carpet elevator are full of debris and stains. I witnessed a worker not wearing shirt using guest's elevator. I highly recommend not to stay in this hotel if it is under renovations

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank RonManila
Reviewed 1 December 2019

Book this hotel because of the rate and also not too far from the MRT station, around 10-15 min walk. Several food options nearby.
Despite the lobby that looked brand new, my room and the corridor leading to it were extremly tired. There were no safety box in the room.
Old bathroom layout with cabin shower and the toilet seat not separated.

At check-in, I was informed due to some work in progress there would be no A/C until 7pm, so went to the city for sightseeing.
Retuned to hotel at 9pm at the hotel and was told there is still no A/C; The staff at reception desk offered to move to their sister hotel Ibis Budget Emerald which I accepted.
They then swiftly contact their sister hotel to get a room, called a taxi (Ibis paid the taxi) and within 15 mins I was at the Ibis Budget Emerald which has been recently renovated to the Ibis Budget standard.

The staff at the Ibis Budget Ruby was friendly and very helpful to sort the issue. A big thank to them!
Unfortunately the hotel is very tired and would need renovation like her sister hotel Ibis Budget Emerald.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank huow
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at ibis budget Singapore Ruby, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

Dear Huow,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with the Hotel Team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused pertaining to your hotel relocation from the originally booked ibis budget Singapore Ruby to Emerald, which is also located in the same Geylang District. On the other hand, I am glad that you had appreciated the services of the Hotel Team who had rendered their assistance in your hotel relocation.

I am pleased to inform that Ibis budget Singapore Ruby is currently in a refurbishment phase and it shall be reopening with brand new rooms with new amenities and offerings for our guests very soon! I hoped to welcome you back for a brand new experience in this property on your next trip to Singapore!

Regards,