Hotels.com
Brett L
Greater Sydney, Australia

Well-placed hotel in the Keong Saik Road area

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jun 2023
The Keong Saik Hotel is a well-placed hotel sitting within the revitalised Keong Saik Road area, it is within walking distance of an MRT station and Chinatown. Staying in a Superior Double or Twin Room, the room was sufficiently sized for my wife and I.

The receptionists were very attentive and amenities were OK. There were some WIFI challenges during our stay there and the elevator gave off a little bit of an unpleasant smell. However, overall, we would be certainly willing to stay here again.
Date of stay: December 2022
  • ZenHotels.com
    S$941
2.0 km from The Keong Saik Hotel
View more hotels in Singapore
All reviews deluxe double room shower curtain budget hotel mini fridge chinatown eateries hairdryer cons
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2023

Stayed in the deluxe double room. Would rate it more a 3.5/5.
Pros:
- bed is on the firm side
-room is fairly clean but could do with a wet cloth wipe
-there is a plug adapter with 3 holes and the 2 side hole one fits australian plugs
-plugs on both sides of the bed
-bathroom has shower curtain and toilet is on the other side of the bathroom
-hot water is good and shower gel is nice
-has mini fridge
-has room safe
-has small hairdryer
-electric kettle with nescafe coffee sachets
-fairly ok space to put luggage etc
-pillow is fine good
-the next day they made up the bed sheets and changed the towel and cleaned the toilet.
-reception does their job, fairly nice.
-hand and body towel provided.
-wifi speed tested at 10mbps

Cons:
-no tissue box provided
-no water bottles provided
-shower head could be screwed higher and better and not drooping but not that big of a deal
-noise from the outside can be heard. you can hear noise like from a bar a bit rowdy, a 8/10 noise level and can also hear motorbikes zoom across outside. can hear all the chatting and loud pumping music, can be quite annoying.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2022

The location of the hotel is Chinatown.
There are shopping malls, inexpensive eateries and bars within a 5 minute walk from the hotel.
Hotel construction is old.
The ceiling in my room was slanted to match the shape of the roof.
I hit my head there.
But cleaning is perfect and Staff are good.
Also, if you walk slowly to Merlion, you will arrive in about an hour.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 27 June 2022 via mobile

Well from the moment my wife and I entered
We were greeted by a lovely lady she was
Very welcoming and made us both feel comfortable
Then she took us to our room and it was spotless so clean smelled so good we was not expecting the room to of been to such a high standard
My wife and I had a very good sleep that evening and we went out the following day when we returned to our room it was as if it was our first day the room had been made up and smelled so fresh
I have to say this hotel is seriously good
I have stayed in 5* hotels that were not as good as this 3* hotel
I recommend this hotel to anyone
Thank you so much for a pleasant stay

Room tip: Just to enjoy your stay as we did
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2022

I can't recommend that hotel. I booked a room for a night but wasn't able to show up due to sickness problems. As I asked to cancel the reservation I only got an mail that said they aren't able to cancel my booking...

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 20 October 2021

Due to the pandemic, my trip was canceled. We had to change our reservation twice because the hotel said there was cancellation fee. I asked the hotel, "Who set the condition why the condition cannot be changed due to the epidemic around the world we cannot travel because our country was lockdown and Singapore is also closed their country, how can we travel?" How many time do we have to change the reservation? Then What should we do if we change the booking and are unable to find a flight to travel on? Our reservation will be canceled, and we will be charged a cancellation fee.
Finally, I asked the hotel how much the hotel would lose if this booking was cancelled without penalty charge, because the room had not yet been set up and my travel had not yet begun. The hotel's staff and management team refuse to answer any of my questions. They only require our money.

If you want to stay at this hotel, you should think about it carefully. Should be reserved a very nice place to take care of their customers.

The reservation and front Ms. Jenny, she was very bad talking with the client and she was very bad service to answer the phone. She just foolish to read the words on the booking. Bad Service!!!

Date of stay: November 2020