Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews first floor hotel location walking distance mrt station stayed here for nights eatery peranakan
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2022

the hotel location near to lots of eatery, the ambience is good, very relaxing ..
clean and the most important is the staff was very friendly and helpful..
walking distance to the Peranakan Famous Housing Row.

Thanks to Navin for assisting us.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 4 May 2022

We really enjoyed our stay here and extended it from 4 to 6 nights happily. The staff are the highlight - very helpful and friendly. The other great aspect is that you'll get fresh sheets and towels everyday! The rooms are small and simple (we did have some mould on our bathroom roof) but you can't expect much more for the cheap price. Location is great - 10 mins one direction to Katong and 15 mins the other direction to an MRT station with 2 lines. Lots of great hawker food in the area and beautiful shophouses.

Room tip: Ask for a window room as some have no windows.
Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 12 May 2021

The room is cosy and there are lots of restaurant nearby. I stayed here for 4 nights and have a good experinece here. Davin is very friendly and helps me change my room from the first floor to the second floor. Recommend!

Room tip: Higher floors have less noise
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 10 February 2021

I booked this hotel to do some work and also attend a seminar. The night before I booked I called the hotel to ask what time is the earliest I could check-in. I was informed by a lady 10:30am is the earliest. I proceeded to make the booking.

The next day I called as I was approaching the hotel nd I was attended by a very rude front desk staff by the name of Brian. he told me a completely different set of rules. He was such a bully and extremely rude. You can check in now but you have to get out by 6pm. Otherwise the check-In is at 2pm. Even after explaining to him he refused to budge. Basically he was telling me take it or leave it. I asked to speak with the manager to which Brian mentioned he would say the same thing as he did. I told him I'll take my chances to which Brian replied he's fast asleep and does not wished to be disturbed. I told him I was on the way.

As I approached, he was so cocky. He told he would allow me to check-In at 12pm. I agreed and told him that I need to take the seminar zoom call and as such I would be waiting for 12pm in the lobby. To that he mentioned I am not allowed to loiter. I was not loitering as I am guest. He then calls the police citing I was causing trouble.

Fortunately, with the help of the police, I was able to speak with the Manager who kept apologising for the staff's incompetence. The manager mentioned that he should have called for the police for this minor issue. The manager then allowed me to check-in immediately. The very manager Brian mentioned that his manager will say the same thing as he did. Obviously the manager knows everything about customer service. Brian needs to go for further training as he obviously thinks that he owns the hotel.

I have never met anyone as cocky, ride and obnoxious as him. He was such a bully. the temperature was broken and when I asked him about it, he refused to answer. So much for being compliant to Covid-19 measures.

Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank UAG72
Reviewed 28 March 2020

Good Service Staff was friendly and Helpful, I would like to thanks Steven & Sorn I Will Come Back Again For Next Trip If I Will Have The Chance To Travel To Singapore Again. Thanks you guys. cheers....

Date of stay: March 2020
Joseph Teo, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel 81 Sakura, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2020

We are glad to read that you had a great stay with us and appreciate your compliments on the convenient location and the warm hospitality rendered by our staff. It was certainly our pleasure to have served you during your stay and we hope to welcome you back for yet another memorable experience.