2 people are viewing this hotel
US$75
Hotels.comUS$152
Trip.comUS$79
CheapTicketsUS$152
All reviews purvis street boutique hotel queen room dolce gusto complimentary mini bar location is fantastic suntec city comfy bed short stay bugis junction walking distance public transport comfortable stay marina bay sands minibar shopping killin
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2021

This was my first ever stay at a boutique hotel, and we thought we'd give it a try for our family staycation. And, yes, the place is winner.

The Hotel Nuve Heritage is located, what I would call the "sweet spot" of the city centre, ie, not too near, not too far. It is in between 2 MRT stations, City Hall and Bugis, and, as you can guess correctly, there is no shortage of amenities nearby. Everything you need and want is within a very comfortable walking distance. The hotel is in the middle of Purvis Street, surrounded by lifestyle places, restaurants and cafes. Unfortunately, the pandemic has reduced activity on this once-busy and thriving street to mere crickets. Directly across the hotel is the Killeny cafe if you want your coffee and toast.

The hotel itself is not fancy, and, being a boutique hotel, there is not grand lobby or foyer. However, do expect gracious service at the check in. Our host, Joel, was cheerful and answered our queries to a "t". The hotel was experiencing a IT outage with the keycard system, so each time a guest leaves their room, the staff would need to accompany the guest to the lift, and to the room to open it. This was a hassle, but Joel and another hotel staff (a young lady, Ms Nur, I think) handled this task without complaint.
The room was what we expected, clean, tight and compact. There wasn't much space to move around once you place your luggage. The bed gave out a warm and cozy vibe, and, indeed once we sat on it, we didn't really want to get up. We were very pleasantly surprised that in addition to the usual teabags and kettle, the hotel had one of those fancy coffee making machines, and you can make your own cappuccino with the capsules provided. Now, you don't get that machine even in a proper hotel. Another positive was that we were informed by the staff that the items in the hotel fridge were complimentary. Wow, that was a first. So to me, that's a score point for the Nuve!

I suppose the only downside to mention is the fact that since dining-in was out of the question (due to this phase 2 heightened alert), we had to have our dinner in our room. Not the fault of the hotel, of course. The room was built for a stay-in, not having dinner, and we had a somewhat challenging time, making sure we didn't get in each other's way.

Overall, our family's staycation, albeit for only one night, was an immensely positive experience. Unfortunately, the pandemic and the heightened alert put a massive dampener on everything. The depressing atmosphere hits you in the face once you exit from the welcoming confines of the hotel. So much so that you didn't really want to go too far away. and just head back to your room.

Date of stay: June 2021
Danny Ng, Marketing at Hotel NuVe Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2021

Dear 253SA,

Thank you so so much for this super amazing review!

I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay with us!

Breakfast is free when our guests booked their rooms via our website. It is good to hear you truly enjoyed the "Eating like a local" experience with us. :)

All our staff at the hotel (both front desk and housekeeping) work really hard to meet all guests' expectations and they would be so happy to see this review when I show them this later!

Glad to know that you also enjoyed the complimentary in-room minibar in our rooms!

And don't forget to use our exclusive promo code "nuvegroup30" on our website!

Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

We actually booked a staycation at park regis. However, due to the hotel being used for SHN instead, we were given a choice of going for the Nuve heritage or Park Royal pickering. We chose this hotel because of location. The room was fine. However, i would think an upgrading of the room is necessary. Room was a suite at level 6 and was the only room at that level.

The artist suite is the only room with an outdoor balcony. Which was nice. However, toilet tiles were stained yellow. Under the bed, there were a couple of used tissues when we entered. I would think during this covid era, proper housekeeping is highly important.

Electric kettle was dirty with obvious brown stains inside. And the dolce gusto machine, water compartment was yellow and pretty stained. It was rectified when we came back thanks to Joel quick response.

After our first night, housekeeping came and did the basic clean up. But a little confused on why a pile of towels were left behind instead of being cleared away.

Apart from all this little areas that needs improvement, the only thing that deserves a mention is Joel. He checked us in swiftly and was very patient in listening and attending to our needs. Always greeting us each time we walk by. He's a gem in your hotel and we hope you send this msg to him! Thank you Joel!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear IllyshaNatasha,

Thank you for your review and we are glad that you raised your concerns, allowing us to enhance our guests' experience with us.

We're sorry that you had an unpleasant stay with us and we know we could have done better.

As you can see from most of the reviews here, this an isolated case and it is indeed disappointing to hear that we didn't do a good job for your stay.

Your feedback on the cleanliness will be conveyed to the operation team and rest assured that we will do our best to make sure this will never happen again.

Please accept my most apologies for this as well.

We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you once more.

NuVe Group | Experience like a local, sleep a like royal

Reviewed 4 February 2021

I was transferred here from Nuve at Clarke Quay and have received excellent service from both Nuve at Clarke Quay and Nuve Heritage. Every care was taken to ensure I had a comfortable stay, from check-in all the way through. Especially Ally the manager from Nuve Clarke Quay, to Joel and the manager, the reception and housekeeping team at Nuve Heritage, thank you all for making me feel at home.

The room is clean and spacious. Location is fantastic with lots of famous good food along Purvis street. Super convenient and central, highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Cassielpl

Dear Cassielpl,

Thank you so much for this lovely review!

We are delighted to know that you truly enjoyed your stay at Hotel NuVe Heritage!

Our hotel is indeed in an excellent location; 5-min walk from City Hall MRT station and also super near to Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, Merlion City and many more attractions in Singapore!

At Hotel NuVe Heritage, we always try our best to make all our guests' extra special and we're glad to hear such amazing feedback! :)

Come back soon and we really look forward to welcoming you again.

Don't forget to use our promo code "nuvegroup30" on our website for exclusive deals!

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

Upon checking in, I was impressed with the layout of the room( photographer suite). It has a unique layout of a loft style and is definitely spacious for 4pax.
It has 2 sinks, a bathtub and rain shower.
It also has another sink outside, along with a mini bar station with numerous wine glasses.

It provided us with complimentary snacks and drinks that are stored in the from the fridge. The bed is comfy and pillows are soft. The room looks pretty clean.

However, they have us 2 towels; 1 with an obvious strain on it and the other towel is town and looks like a rag cloth.

We called the room service to replace new towels and they did quickly and apologies for the unpleasant experience. Apart from that, the light switch is confusing. There were multiple switches but it seems only a few is working.

In addition to that, the bathtub experience wasn't a pleasant one. The bathroom tends to get flooded easily.

Overall, it's good for a one night stay.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank saffygreenfreak
Danny Ng, Marketing at Hotel NuVe Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

Dear saffygreenfreak,

Please accept my most apologies for this as well.

We hope you give us the opportunity to serve you once more.

NuVe Group | Experience like a local, sleep a like royal

Reviewed 18 October 2020

Generally had a pleasant experience except during check-out. The room was large and spacious. We enjoyed the bath tub a lot. The TOTO washlet was not working well. However, the staff were helpful and tried to solve it by changing the batteries. This did not solve the problem though. I think there is a sensor problem since it seems to work when we closed the toilet lid. That was a bit of a downer as we were excited to use it. The room was generally clean but there were quite a lot of ants whenever we had some coffee or snacks in the room. Room was generally quiet except for some car horn sounds along Prinsep. I would like to commend Joel for his attentiveness during our stay such as helping to keep our cake in the restaurant fridge and even answering all my queries promptly prior to the visit.

What really ruined my whole experience was at the check-out. I was asked to pay for a towel that had yellow stains by a female staff at the front desk. Since I had not seen that stain in my stay, I asked the staff about where it was and what it was stained by. The lady staff on-duty replied very condescendingly. I kept telling her I did not see that stain in any of the towels I used and she kept saying all the towels provided in the rooms were unstained so if it is stained it must be from our use. I asked to look at where the towel was found and the staff brought me back to the room. I was told that the towel was found in a pile on the floor at the foot of the bed between the bed and night stand. My partner recalled using that towel the night before for a bath and it did not look stained. (None of the bath robes or other towels we used got stained so I do not think it was due to any of our bath products as well) It was still wet when he put it on the floor and I think it might have gotten stained from some dirt on the floor/ bottom of the bed or nightstand since it was still wet.

However, I was given no grace from this staff. In the end she did not charge me the extra charges but kept saying how she had the right to charge me and she was doing me this huge favor. I felt extremely disrespected by her attitude. Considering I also saw blood stains on the bedsheet but thought it was a minor issue and did not raise it up, I don't know why the staff are not able to provide some grace and magnanimity in this situation.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank sheepbooknoodle
Danny Ng, Marketing at Hotel NuVe Heritage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Dear sheepbooknoodle,

Thank you for leaving feedback after your stay.

I'm sorry that you didn't quite enjoy your stay due to the washlet which we are currently looking into it. Really appreciate that you brought this up to us.

As for the unpleasant experience you had with one of our staff. Please accept my most sincere apologies on this and please be assured that we have addressed this issue with our employees.

I am disappointed and regret that we did not have the opportunity to recover during your stay.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies and we will thrive to do better. Please feel free to email me danny.ng@hotelnuve.com should you consider to stay with us again and I hope I can make your next stay a much better one.