Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$78
View deal
Hotels.comUS$78
Booking.comUS$86
Trip.comUS$85
PricelineUS$92
CheapTicketsUS$78
ZenHotels.comUS$93
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Called to enquiry the online booking. The service staffs talked to me in very rude manner. End up I didn't book. The first lady asked me loudly which hotel I refered to since they have 8 hotels in Singapore. It sounds like she got impatient with me and was scolding me.

4  Thank XH X
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel West Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are disappointed to have lost the opportunity to serve you due to our poor service over the phone. We take this matter very seriously and have since counselled our service staff. For your information, you can also made reservation through Santa Grand hotels website or contact our central reservation at +65 6298 8889 or email to reservation@santa.com.sg.

Once again, thank you for your review and it is through such feedback that we can continue to improve ourselves. We hope to have a chance to host you soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Check in Santa hotel on 23/08/12, staff didn't mentioned that the room window was shut and curtain also not able to open with only 1 small yellow light in the room. When step in the room, it is actually not comfortable and safe for me to stay alone at this type of room. With immediatelly told the counter to cancel it, however they refuse. I step out hotel without using it and look for other hotel, finally get the cheaper hotel with nice and comfortable room. Went back to your hotel to return key at mid night and make a complaint to night shift staff, he promise that the manager will call back to me the next day morning. However no response at all. Is this your hotel attitute to treat the customer like that?? I am paying S$200 for nothing, when i pay S$200 i am expecting that is should be better room as it is expensive compared with other budget hotel in Singapore.

I had call back hotel on 24/08/12, staff told me that the complaint pass to management, the result keep telling me no refund.

Please be aware business doing not only for profit, it include social responsibility to all your stakeholder in order to be success. Please solve this problem in proper way.

Hope hear from you soon.

1  Thank ooicheng
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel West Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectation.

For the safety of guests, hotel room window is normally locked, besides there is renovation works in progress on the outside of the building. Whilst our front desk manager does not have the authority to offer a full refund, she has referred the case to the management team, who has since tried to contact the guest to offer some form of rebate, but to no avail. Since confirmed booking is not refundable according to our policy, our practice is to allow the guests to inspect the room before booking.

We feel that there was a miscommunication and apology for any inconvenience caused. Thank you again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor with us and hope to hear back from you soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I do not recommend this hotel, far away from the center (but close to the University).
Albeit this hotel is clean, well furbished and people pretty, the rooms are very small and we get a no-window room. To change it, they asked for a difference with the full rate. The no-window was not notify on the web. I discover that some people made the same experience.
The breakfast is without any interest, in a closed room.

Room tip: Be careful with the windows!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectation during your stay.

Santa Grand Hotel West Coast caters mostly to corporate guests and visitors to the universities and hospital located in the western part of Singapore. Whilst the location is good for some guests, travellers who prefer a more centrally located city area, we do have other Santa Grand hotels in our chain, like Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen at Chinatown or Santa Grand Hotel Bugis to meet the diverse need of customers.

As regards the room without window, whilst we have stated clearly on our official website, we will ensure that all our third party websites do the same so that customers have the option of a window and non-window room.

Thank you again for your feedback and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We hope you will give us a chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

The front desk is cheerful, but pretty lousy at doing their job. For instance, we checked out of the hotel in the morning and asked them to book us a big cab or van to take a lot of bags to the airport that evening. When we came back, the guy had not booked the van, instead said that he wanted to ask me which of 2 cab companies he should use - something he could have asked me in the morning, saving me the heart attack!! When I told him "I don't know, choose any one that arrives here faster now, because we need to catch a flight", he started the booking process and finally succeeded 45 minutes after the time I was expecting the cab to be there! They were also pretty bad at recommending bus routes during our stay. They used an iPad app that was buggy and slow. We found it much faster to just look up the directions on Google Maps on our iPhone. Thankfully, they have good WiFi.

The hotel is too expensive for the tiny room you will get. We could barely fit 2 large suitcases in a deluxe room and had to keep the other 2 in storage. There is also construction going on on the hotel facade so we got to hear heavy drilling and people walking on scaffolding right outside our room till 6 pm.

The breakfast is very simple toast, boiled eggs, cereal and coffee but at least everything is fresh. The place is clean, and the WiFi is good and free. There are also a few good eating places around, but avoid the Indian/ halal place whose food is an abomination on humanity!

Room tip: Only consider this hotel if you really need to live 5 mins away from NUS. There is construction going on here till mid-September.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
santagrandhotels, Hotel Management Team at Santa Grand Hotel West Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback as we take our guest’s feedback seriously. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during the renovation work to improve the hotel. As regard of the taxi booking, we have reviewed the offers from the cab companies and are in a good position to recommend a suitable taxi for our guests ensuring that service standards are met.

Thank you again for your feedback and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We hope to have a chance to host you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Think twice before choosing this hotel because there is no MRT station within walking distance. The nearest station is Haw Par Villa that is situated 1.7km away and the only way for you to move from here is either by taxi or bus.

The room is small without any windows. The breakfast is so limited with choices. They only provide you with bread, cereal, oranges, apple and hard boiled eggs. Some bread came with plastic wrapper as if they just bought it from the nearest 7-11.

The room service is even worst. I came back at 5pm to find my room not being clean. By 5.30pm they came knocking at my door while I'm ready for a rest after work.

Date of stay: July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectation during your stay.

Santa Grand Hotel West Coast caters mostly to corporate clients with offices located in the western part of Singapore. Whilst the location of Santa Grand Hotel West Coast may not be preferred by all travellers, we do have other Santa Grand hotels in our chain, like Santa Grand Hotel Lai Chun Yuen at Chinatown or Santa Grand Hotel Bugis to meet the diverse need of customers.

For breakfast, we offer continental breakfast and we are sorry to hear that we did not have something to your liking and will improve on meeting a more varied needs of guests. As regards our housekeeping standards, we have addressed the temporary problem of a shortage of staff during your stay. Your feedback has been raised up and attracted our management's attention.

Thank you again for your feedback and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We hope to have a chance to host you again soon.