“Eclectic Café with excellent food and fabulous service”
Review of My Awesome Cafe

My Awesome Cafe
Ranked #9 of 11,280 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$5 - US$100
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open 365 days a year, with a menu offered all day long from opening to closing, we are a very cool Family (our team is our family indeed) and cosy cafe / bistro / bar that serves breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner (and very late dinner with a last order at midnight, daily). We took over the very first Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital dated 1952 and converted it into a chill-out place that bakes its own bread and croissant, becomes a bistro at lunchtime and transforms into a bar / bistro in the evening. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner (with My Awesome Salad being our iconic salad), we also serve sandwiches, hot main courses, desserts, protein shakes for the sporty guys, an acai menu for those in need of the purest acai available, and in the evening, a selection of 8 platters plus the full menu, that is available the whole day. This unique Hospital / Cafe / Bistro / Bar brings you back into time as the whole cafe is decorated with real true vintage elements and objects whose use has been transformed. With us, you will enjoy dining on 100 years old doors, Singapore school tables from the 1970's, drink water from what was once a Chinese Medical Tea warmer, and enjoy the superb and unique cabinets that were all hand-picked from generous and gorgeous locals who decided to give a second life to their creations. At My Awesome Cafe, we give a second birth and a second life to many, many items, and our food is extremely fresh, sourced from the best corners of the world. Being Genuine is our Awesome daily life...
Reviewed 20 March 2017

What a treat for both the body and mind!
The café offers the most delicious Asian- Mediterranean food, which is served by the friendliest staff I have encountered in Singapore. I visited the place in February 2017 and the owners, Franck, Bong and Roland where all very hands-on and did their outmost to ensured that my friends and I had the best possible experience.
The design is something quite remarkable. Bong who designed the restaurants have used old pipes, engine parts, twisted pieces of metal all salvaged from scrap yards and turned them into functional furniture that not only look great but are comfortable at the same time.
My Awesome Café is a must for any visitors to Singapore.

1  Thank Terje T
MyAwesomeCafe, Owner at My Awesome Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Terje,
Thank you so much for not only taking the time to write an Awesome review about My Awesome Cafe, but also for the story you are sharing.
Thank you for considering us as "a must for any visitors to Singapore", this makes us want to be even more special and continue to build our small touches to match Bong's interior design.
Hugs from the team.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

The place is amazing, is a old medical clinic building, the decorations is beautiful!
Very relax and trendy with locals and expats.
We had cold beers and wraps on the tables outside. The food was good and the service great.

Hey Joao,

Thank you so much for sharing this review on trip advisor, we Love to hear the special moments our guests spend at My Awesome Cafe. Cold beers and wraps on our terrace, together with good food and good service helped you had a relaxing time with us. We Love it!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

This café lives up to its name in all possible ways, from its über-cool, hip interior inside an old Chinese hospital, which owner Franck has lovingly designed and furnished with refurbished school desks and other vintage items, to the extensive menu which will satisfy the most discerning customer and which reflects Franck's passion for combining top quality fresh ingredients into delicious healthy dishes. Yet what puts My Awesome Café miles ahead of any competitor is something that can't be copied and reproduced: it's the awesome vibe created by Franck, Bong and their team. Everyone is part of the MAC family, which translates into top notch service and a positive energy that is shared by all.

MyAwesomeCafe, Owner at My Awesome Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Thank you Stefan for your awesome review of My Awesome Cafe and tour detailed story of our place, I am happy you felt the love and passion we are putting in everyday to offer a place where people can just be.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

One of the best coffee shops in Singapore. Well located, great food and nice decoration is a must go.

Thank you Bruno for your Awesome write up, I am so glad you enjoyed your visit at My Awesome Cafe and I am so happy to see it made it on your" Must Go" list. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Located along Telok Ayer Street in what used to be an old Chinese hospital, in a history-rich locale, My Awesome Cafe had done a lot to preserve the rich heritage of the place. It has refurbished old school tables that are used as dining tables, and old school rotating fans to ventilate the restaurant.

Besides the food, it is worth the time to explore various nook and cranny and find artifacts from the old hospital. Upstairs is now rented to an ad agency.

It can get very crowded on Friday evenings and weekends. So better to make a reservation. Food waste, their signature Awesome Sandwich is a good sampler the sandwiches they served. The chicken breast sandwich was a little dry for my liking. The Beef lasagne was a little too moist. Staff are great and friendly and service is good. Hambali will engage diners and share stories of the place.

Overall, a fun chillax place. One improvement would be their menu. Too much like a text book and difficult to read.

Hello Oylin65,
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice little story about My Awesome Cafe.
You are right, evenings are very busy and happy, it's advisable to book a table, and if not, walk-in and we will move tables to create a space for you.
Thank you for all the positive feedback on our food, drinks, staff that are always keen to connect and help.
I agree with you, our menu has constantly evolved with and through the customers that have given us feedback, and as we have tried to make everyone happy and cater for everyone with allergies and special requests, our menu has become like a little book with a kinda small font.
A revamp of our menu is in the planning, and will take a month probably to get a fresher approach launched. With love, Franck