“Eclectic Café with excellent food and fabulous service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 10,424 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe, European, Healthy
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Open 365 days a year, with a menu offered all day long from opening to closing, we are a very cool Family (our team is our family indeed) and cosy cafe / bistro / bar that serves breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner (and very late dinner with a last order at midnight, daily). We took over the very first Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital dated 1952 and converted it into a chill-out place that bakes its own bread and croissant, becomes a bistro at lunchtime and transforms into a bar / bistro in the evening. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner (with My Awesome Salad being our iconic salad), we also serve sandwiches, hot main courses, desserts, protein shakes for the sporty guys, an acai menu for those in need of the purest acai available, and in the evening, a selection of 8 platters plus the full menu, that is available the whole day. This unique Hospital / Cafe / Bistro / Bar brings you back into time as the whole cafe is decorated with real true vintage elements and objects whose use has been transformed. With us, you will enjoy dining on 100 years old doors, Singapore school tables from the 1970's, drink water from what was once a Chinese Medical Tea warmer, and enjoy the superb and unique cabinets that were all hand-picked from generous and gorgeous locals who decided to give a second life to their creations. At My Awesome Cafe, we give a second birth and a second life to many, many items, and our food is extremely fresh, sourced from the best corners of the world. Being Genuine is our Awesome daily life...
Doha
“Eclectic Café with excellent food and fabulous service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

What a treat for both the body and mind!
The café offers the most delicious Asian- Mediterranean food, which is served by the friendliest staff I have encountered in Singapore. I visited the place in February 2017 and the owners, Franck, Bong and Roland where all very hands-on and did their outmost to ensured that my friends and I had the best possible experience.
The design is something quite remarkable. Bong who designed the restaurants have used old pipes, engine parts, twisted pieces of metal all salvaged from scrap yards and turned them into functional furniture that not only look great but are comfortable at the same time.
My Awesome Café is a must for any visitors to Singapore.

• Visited February 2017
1 Thank Terje T
Dear Terje,
Thank you so much for not only taking the time to write an Awesome review about My Awesome Cafe, but also for the story you are sharing.
Thank you for considering us as "a must for any visitors to Singapore", this makes us want to be even more special and continue to build our small touches to match Bong's interior design.
Hugs from the team.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Fleet, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An awesome spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a great place.
Heard about it from friends in Europe and always wanted to give it a trial.
Came for a light lunch on my first day in Singapore and went back on the second with a friend.
The place is popular, no doubt about it, with a full room throughout the whole service. Set in an old Hospital, you can see remains around the room. Trendy with a modern concept on the menu, school class tables and stools, but still with strong Asian touch to the decor.
Service team was excellent and very attentive to their guests.
Food was top. Large variety with many healthy options.
The highlight is the drinkable idea coming in a light bulb which you can take with you!
Highly recommended for a quick lunch on your break or a sweet get together with your friends.
Special shout out to Aude and Franck (the boss) for their hospitality.

Hello Mustantscc,

Thank you for coming to My Awesome Cafe not once, but twice during your stay in Singapore.

I can't thank guests like you enough for adding a bit of history in their review, and for mentioning the excellent service you have received.

I am glad you rated our food as "top" and that the Drinkable Idea became your highlight...

Hope to serve you soon,

Franck and the team (Hugs from Aude)
Warsaw, Poland
“A very cool cafe for drinks and bites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The place is amazing, is a old medical clinic building, the decorations is beautiful!
Very relax and trendy with locals and expats.
We had cold beers and wraps on the tables outside. The food was good and the service great.

Hey Joao,

Thank you so much for sharing this review on trip advisor, we Love to hear the special moments our guests spend at My Awesome Cafe. Cold beers and wraps on our terrace, together with good food and good service helped you had a relaxing time with us. We Love it!
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Über-cool café that spells AWESOME in all possible ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

This café lives up to its name in all possible ways, from its über-cool, hip interior inside an old Chinese hospital, which owner Franck has lovingly designed and furnished with refurbished school desks and other vintage items, to the extensive menu which will satisfy the most discerning customer and which reflects Franck's passion for combining top quality fresh ingredients into delicious healthy dishes. Yet what puts My Awesome Café miles ahead of any competitor is something that can't be copied and reproduced: it's the awesome vibe created by Franck, Bong and their team. Everyone is part of the MAC family, which translates into top notch service and a positive energy that is shared by all.

• Visited March 2017
MyAwesomeCafe, Owner at My Awesome Cafe, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you Stefan for your awesome review of My Awesome Cafe and tour detailed story of our place, I am happy you felt the love and passion we are putting in everyday to offer a place where people can just be.
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Must go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best coffee shops in Singapore. Well located, great food and nice decoration is a must go.

MyAwesomeCafe, Owner at My Awesome Cafe, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you Bruno for your Awesome write up, I am so glad you enjoyed your visit at My Awesome Cafe and I am so happy to see it made it on your" Must Go" list. Thank you!