“Lovely lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lewin Terrace

Lewin Terrace
Ranked #253 of 10,496 Restaurants in Singapore
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Lovely lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2016

Elegant lunch venue.
Delicate food that pleases the palate without overwhelming it.
Courteous, friendly service.
An excellent restaurant, perfect for quiet tete-a-tete

• Visited August 2016
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

singapore
“Miniscule food portion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2016

I attended a event organized by Citibank for a 6 course gourmet dinner at this restaurant on the 24 June 2016. This was my first time dining at this restaurant. Décor and service wise it sure was an excellent choice. The only letdown was the miniscule food portions. I have attended several same events organized by Citibank in other restaurants and this was the only time I was left peckish after dinner. The food portion was really tiny and looking at them as tasting portion was really just an euphemism for cutting cost, which I thought it was NOT meant to be tasting portion judging from other similar events I have been to.

Unless the restaurant usual serving size is more than what I tasted, I will not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2016
1 Thank Omphaloskepsis
Singapore
“Birthday visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2016

Location was very secluded and not that easy to find. The ambience was great, love the old black and white old charm sort of feel. Food though was so underwhelming for the price. And my risotto was undercooked. I will not be back.

Visited February 2016
1 Thank Rj_eve
Singapore
“Hidden Jewel in a Lovely Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2016

We went to celebrate a birthday and sat outside on the colonial verandah. From the Japanese/French menu we chose one 5-course and one 7-course tasting and both were excellent. The wine pairing menu is excellent value and features a couple of Japanese white wines, which was a first for us. Excellent sommelier and service staff. Also easy parking. Highly Recommended.

• Visited July 2016
2 Thank PolarbearSingapore
“Excellent food in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2016

I first reviewed Lewin Terrace fairly shortly after it opened in 2014, but I think it has come on significantly since then, hence the follow up review.

Lewin Terrace occupies the old Fire Chief's villa set high among the trees on the edge of Fort Canning, where the old Flutes in the Fort restaurant used to be. You approach it through the car park of the Philatelic Museum on Coleman Street, and there are several flights of stairs that take you up to the restaurant. It's all signposted, though, and not difficult to find.

The setting is lovely. Most of the table are on the colonial style verandah, and the surrounding trees make it hard to believe that you're in the middle of a busy city. Overhead fans kept it just about cool enough for me and my wife was delighted not to be eating in the customary chill of an air conditioner!

The menu is a wonderful fusion of French and Japanese. You've got the choice of a la Carte or five or seven course tasting menus. We went for the seven course tasting menu and it was excellent - an interesting mix of flavours that complemented each other very well, for example the foie gras and corn seed brulee was heavenly!

The service was also very good, although the place was probably only half full on the Thursday night we visited. I chose the wine flight which included some excellent Japanese wines served by a sommelier who really know his stuff.

I recommend this place highly, and I shall undoubtedly return.

• Visited June 2016