For those of you who drive, the restaurant has a shared the carpark with the museum which includes valet service. From the carpark, it is quite a walk up those stairs to get to the restaurant. Definitely not recommended for those who have knee / leg problems or are heavily pregnant.
The decor is elegant and classy with light homey tones of brown set against a white dreamy background. There are both indoor and outdoor seating.
It was a 5 course meal and we had:
1. Salmon & Roe with Cauliflower and Sesame Oil
2. Hokkaido Kegani (King Crab) with NAMAFU and Japanese Fishcake
3. Codfish with Mango, Savoy Cabbage and Lime Leaf
4. Australian Lamb Loin with Bitter Orange and 6 years Kanzuri /
Amadai (Tile Fish) with Lily Root and Koshihikari
5. Raspberry Eclair with Rose and Setouchi Organic Lemon
There were some hits and misses, and while the flavors were innovative, they were really nothing to rave about. Moreover, although the ambience and plating of the food was exquisite, the portions were a disappointment. That said, overall, it was still an interesting fine dining experience. For more photos and the experience, please check out my blog.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.