“Good St. Regis”

The St. Regis Singapore
Ranked #30 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This is a very typical St. Regis hotel with good service and rooms. Location is not the best as it’s a 10-15min. walk to Orchid Road, but a good hotel overall.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 July 2011

When I booked at the St Regis, I expected it to be a treat -you just have to look at the price tag to understand why. The hotel was full and I think that they couldn't cope.
We arrived, with two small children, after a long flight from Europe. Any parent will understand how we felt. We had booked two adjacent bedrooms but only one was ready. With hindsight, I should have made a fuss there and then and I deeply regret not to have done it. I wanted to be flexible and we were exhausted.
We squeezed in our bedroom and started putting the clothes in the cupboards -you need to be organised when you travel with a young family!-.
Then we went out for dinner. When we came back, we were told that the adjacent room was defective (a leak apparently) and we needed to move to a different set of bedrooms. The hotel staff were just looking at us packing our stuff in a hurry and didn't lift a finger to help. I would have appreciated them to move my things but it simply didn't cross their mind. I made my discontent known and from that moment on we kept receiving apology letters (from the receptionist, from the manager -who wanted to meet us and was calling us every 5 minutes -for god's sake we are on holidays,...).
The bedrooms were fantastic (I especially liked the power shower) but you need to pay a hefty amount for wi-fi. It was unclear whether the breakfast was included (it was, in the end).
When we checked out, they removed a little bit of our bill but it won't make me come back.

On a more positive side, I highly recommend the Italian restaurant next to the swimming pool. The quality of the food was great and the service was spotless. Obviously this comes at a price!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MumuGB
StRegisSingapore1, Public Relations Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Dear MumuGB,

We thank you very much for your review. We value your taking the time to share your highlights and lowlights on your recent stay. It is indeed regrettable that you departed with the hotel not having met your expectations.

Please allow me to sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you and your family faced during your stay. I understand that you hoped to enjoy a relaxing stay during your holiday, and instead your visit was not a typical St. Regis experience.

The St. Regis Singapore prides itself on delivering personalised service to all of our guests, but regrettably, it was not delivered when it mattered. Please let me assure you that we are committed to providing the very best to our guests and have looked into the areas you have highlighted immediately.

We will certainly appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in us. I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back, and deliver a true St. Regis experience.

Warmest regards
Ian Tan
Director of Front of House and Concierge Services

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is my favorite hotel in Singapore and I have stayed here multiple times. This is a real St. Regis Hotel. Some of the other St. Regis hotels are just branded "St. Regis" but do not live up the level of service and quality that is supposed to come with the brand (like the one in Beijing. It's awful. Don't stay there). Everything about THIS hotel, however, lives up the St. Regis brand - from the decor, the amenities, to service and even the toiletries (they use Remede products) and the famous Red Snapper cocktail.

Pros:
- Super location. Right around the corner from Orchard Road.
- Impecable service.
- Luxe rooms with terrific amenities. Fluffy beds, thick towels, great sized bathroom with 2 sinks, seperate shower and soak tub (with TV).
- The rooms are set up well for people who need to do work. Built in coverter plugs, large desk, etc.

Cons:
- Room service food is so-so.
- Room rate is absolutely absurd now if you do not have a corporate rate - S$620 when I stayed! I stayed here when it first opened 3 years ago and it was only ~S$200 then.
- They're getting cheap on the products. No lotion in the room this time and they used to provide the Remede body gel in both the shower and the tub but now just in the shower.
- They charge for internet access. I know lots of hotels do this but it's annoying when you are already paying a high room rate.
- The gym is just okay. Small-ish and not a ton of equipment, though all of it is very new and it is very clean.

Tips:
- This is one of the best values for your Starwood points - only 12,000 points to stay here!!
- Take all the Remede products in your room with you. That stuff is great and is super expensive (they sell it at the Spa, at Barney's in NY and at Sephora in the US).

Room Tip: You can usually get upgraded for free if you are at least a Starwood Preferred Gold Member
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear LittleEinNY,

We are honoured that The St. Regis Singapore has lived up to your expectations and is your preferred address in Singapore, from our prime location, to the levels of service and comfort of our rooms enjoyed by both business and leisure travelers.

We would also like to thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback which will assist us in our efforts to continually enhance our services. While we constantly monitor our prices with other five star luxury hotels in Singapore to ensure our charges are competitive, we have taken good note of your comments.

Thank you for your kind comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Singapore.

Warmest regards
Ian Tan
Director of Front of House and Concierge Services

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at the St Regis Singapore in the weeks leading up to Christmas so because it was situated near Orchard Rd, there was a really lovely festive feel all around the hotel during that period. The moment you step into the St Regis, you KNOW you are in good hands and that you are in one of the best hotels in town.

I thoroughly enjoyed the 24-hour butler service - they were super prompt and efficient in delivering anything you ask for. I especially loved the complimentary TWG teas served by the butlers. I am embarrassed to say I ordered 8 pots of tea in one night!

The room was relatively spacious with beautiful classic decor with a hint of modern touch (large high-tech TV set in the room and a screen in the bathroom too). The lighting was fantastic and so was the view of Tanglin Road set with all the Christmas decorations. I loved the beds - so luxurious and comfortable. Room service was great as well. I really enjoyed the delicious food.

The spa facilities were also provided complimentary, which I utilised when I went swimming in the pool. The pool itself was nice - large and peaceful. After my swim, I made full use of the spa facilities such as the indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, sauna, and shower. It was a fantastic experience. I stayed there the entire afternoon with my friend and aunt.

In terms of service, all the hotel staff were excellent except for the spa staff who gave us condescending and dirty looks and weren't very cooperative in letting us use the lockers. When they misunderstood what we said regarding some issues, they responded in a very defensive and annoyed manner.

Despite the unfriendly spa staff, I will still go back to the St Regis again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2011

First time at a St Regis and it was a great overall experience.

Check-in was very pleasant with a complimentary upgrade (SPG Gold Member).

Our room had the butler service which was wonderful, coffee and tea butler service at 1am is something I can get used to.

All of the staff were very friendly, particularly the butlers and door men.

The Astor Bar was a great place to relax.

Definitely the only hotel in Singapore that I would stay at.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple