“Terrific Property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Brookfield, Connecticut
“Terrific Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Perfectly situated on Tanglin Road adjacent to the spectacular shopping mecca of Orchard Road. The service was impeccable and attentive. Private check-in areas are a nice touch. We were picked up, as arranged, at the airport in the middle of the night by the most pleasant and helpful driver you could ask for. The new Mercedes was immaculate and perfect for our short ride. Our room was exquisite and perfectly appointed with terrific amenities. Everyone on the hotel staff was absolutely perfect in their duties.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I like the fact that this property is around the bend from the end of Orchard Road in a more residential area. It takes 5 minutes to get to Orchard road with many great coffee places and shopping. Depending on your walk speed, 10-15 minutes to the MRT station, which I didn't find to be a burden.
The lobby and check in were great. The room was amazing with a huge bathroom and every mirror heated, even the one in the shower itself. The electronic controls for the lights and shades were well laid out and worked very well. Everything in the room was high quality and useful. The room was not huge but quiet and had everything you would expect. One tip for those who arrive early - At 7:30 am I was asked to pay for a full half day for a the same room I would have gotten had I waited until 10:30. I realize they need to maintain a certain posh factor and I do appreciate the staff not knocking me about with lies and being direct.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Seven_Continents
SRSManagement, Public Relations Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Seven Continents,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It is indeed heartening to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The St. Regis Singapore.

Thank you too for acknowledging the service delivery of our Front Office team. I am glad that you felt their sincerity in explaining our hotel rooming charges and policies for early arrivals.

We look forward to remaining your address when in Singapore.

Yours Sincerely,

Ian Tan
Director of Rooms
The St. Regis Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I would say this is the best hotel I ever stayed. Everything was so perfect from start to the end. The style was tasteful, modern but yet luxury (not a cliché luxury like others)

Stayed 3 nights in April 2011 in the deluxe room. The room was very spacious for the basic category in Singapore. The bathroom is fabulous and very large. Staffs were very friendly, smart and attentive. Butler tried so much to serve whatever we need. Room was equipped with Bose sound system and LCD but for St.Regis I would expect Blu-ray and LED instead.

The food was exceptional for taste, quality and service. The spa area was amazing and looks very well crafted.

Our stay was amazing as we spend most of the day in the hotel instead of go out and explore Singapore city. Would definitely come back again .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed here many times and can almost call it home. Although the hotel is expensive I continue to come back in the hope that I will get value for money and that my experience will improve. This stay seems to prove the opposite...

The service at breakfast was patchy - it was mostly good, typically when it was quiet. But one busy morning I was shown a table with a chipped coffee cup by the Maitre D'. I could see the broken cup even before I sat down, so why was it put on the table in the first place? I asked the Maitre D' to replace the cup and to please serve coffee. The cup was duly removed but it was never replaced and obviously no coffee arrived. !5 minutes passed and I had to stop a waiting staff to fetch me a new cup and coffee.

A little while later a waiting staff came by to ask us if we wanted pancakes or waffles. That was nice, so we asked for waffles. 10 minutes later, pancakes arrived, not waffles. Very strange!

The reception area of the spa is cold and unwelcoming. On most occasions the reception staff are attentive and friendly, but on one of my visits this stay I was rudely asked what I wanted when I walked in. A nice good afternoon or "Welcome to the St Regis Remede Spa" would be good but not at all forthcoming. Maybe it was because I walked in and unwittingly interrupted a private conversation with her colleague, but I think it is more likely she needs re-training and/or retrenchment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Tanglin Road with an open view. Rooms on the other side of the building are o...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NNei
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed 5nights and enjoyed good stay. Coffee service aft morning call is good for day activity start up, and also wine tasting was very good.
Breakfast buffet menu variety was not so wide if we compare with that of Shang lira close by, but taste was good. View from room is wide sky and clear view. About 5min walk to Orchard MRT, but easy to go out with taxi. I would like to back to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family