“Great room and everything was done right”

Ranked #30 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Normally there is something about a stay in a hotel no matter how small is not up to expectation but our recent stay at the St.Regis was faultless. Our Executive Room was large and recently furnished. Huge bathroom and a stand alone bath and a proper
separate large shower (not an over the bath number). Everything in the room worked from the lights to the TV remote. It had been checked! Butler service was complimentary and very attentive.

Finally the printer in the business centre worked first time - bliss!

Room Tip: probably higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
TheSRSManagement, General Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear 71marita2015,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Singapore, and for your kind words of appreciation with regards to your stay with us; from your opulent and comfortable abode to our signature St. Regis butler service that rendered impeccable service standards, as well as your seamless experience at our Business Centre. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

First stay at the St Regis in Singapore, and really do have very mixed feelings. The property it´s great, modern, well equipped, nice room, big, spacious, clean, comfortable bed, gym it´s ok, from a location point of view is very close to a great shopping district and finally has a nice swimming pool. All good and very well prepared to provide guests a great hotel-experience.......however, I think that the Opeartions Manager of the hotel, really needs to work harder and spend more time thinking about processes and staffing. As a side note, in the last weeks I stayed at the Shangri-La in Beijing and Hong Kong, Mandarin Oriental in Tokyo, Langham in New York, therefore I´m used to stay at luxury hotels. Easy to see via my Tripadvisor profile.

Now, to the St Regis, examples

1. first day ordered breakfast via room service, and the response on the phone was that due to "exceptional" high level of calls, delivery would take at least one hour. Not ideal. One hour wait on a business trip could mean a lot, but accepted the wait and decided to work and make some calls whilst waiting

2. second day ordered late dinner via room service (around midnight) and the response on the phone was again that due to "exceptional" high level of calls, delivery would take more than one hour. Had a very intense business day, some drinks at the bar before going to my room, was really hungry, hence accepted the wait again.

3. my last day was done with my business meetings at 1:30PM, arrived at the hotel at 2:00PM, came to my room and it was not made. No housekeeping. Decided to get changed, go out for a walk, returned at 4:30PM, and my room still not made. Called, and after 5 mins the housekeeping guy showed up.

4. after the late housekeeping thing, and before going to the airport, ordered a sandwich via room service, and again, same speech,... lots of calls and long wait expected.....I had a hard word with the person on the phone and told her that I needed my "club sandwich" in 30 mins max. It was delivered in 20 mins. Shame that I had to push on something which should be obvious.

5. on my way out, before checking out, called concierge to let them know that was checking out 15 mins earlier and asked if the car I had booked to the airport coudl be ready earlier. Was told that all was ok and car ready. Went down, checked out, went to the door, car was not there, bell-man was not able to find the driver, so finally had to wait the 15mins I was earlier. No big deal, but why was I told that all was fine and car there when not ??

I´m not cheap, pay good money for good services in good hotels, the St Regis is a great property but not very well managed. Either they are understaffed or they are not good in planning. Whichever is the reason has definitely an impact on the quality of services they provide. I stay usually in similar luxury hotels which work like a swiss-precision watch. The St Regis need to learn a lot from this ones. A hotel like this one can´t fail on the very basics

Honestly, will need to think if will choose the St Regis for my next trip to Singapore.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Alvaro E

Dear Alvaro E,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Singapore. I do apologise for your experience and inconvenience that transpired during your stay with us.

First, I would like to thank you for taking time off to leave us your review and for your kind words about your luxurious and comfortable abode. I have reviewed your invaluable feedback on every single detail and that it has been personally conveyed to the relevant departments for further action.

Please be assured that necessary training and amends are currently in place to ensure that private dining experiences will be improved. At the same time, our Director of Housekeeping has also shared that your room was refreshed before your return to the hotel and no request has been made during your stay to refresh your room thereafter. Concerning your departure transfer to the airport, kindly also note that our Concierge team did not receive any call to request for a car for earlier usage.

Once again, I truly apologise for your experience that was not to your exacting expectations, and we strive to implement the necessary improvements to ensure that your next visit with us will be a seamless one.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This is my 1st stay with St Regis & we were looking forward to our 1st stay with St Regis given this is an upscale hotel & we were expecting a perfect & happy experience.

Check in was 3pm & we arrived earlier at 2.40pm & were told room is still not ready. The girl at the check in counter told me to wait for another 30 mins & she will come & inform me once room is ready.

No further update from the girl that serve me after 30 mins & I approached her to ask for an update. After checking she told me room is ready & ask what we would like for drink & she will get it send to our room. I asked for 3 cup of tea & she told me she will have it send to our room.

Very unfortunate my 3 cup of tea did not turn up. Her service of not informing me when room is ready + the missing 3 cup of tea really disappointed me. This is not the kind of service that I would expect from an upscale hotel like St Regis. I have stayed in many upscale hotels & I would say the experience that I have experienced with St Regis is really very disappointing esp the service that this check in girl provided to me.

Other than the above experience rest is fine & did not disappoint.

Overrall my experience with St Regis is disappointing & i am not looking forward to another stay with St Regis.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Garysoon68

Dear Garysoon68,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Singapore, I would also like to thank you for taking time off to share your invaluable feedback. I do apologise for your experience that was not to your exacting expectations.

We've did a thorough review and found out that due the previous occupant of your room that had a relatively late check-out, our housekeepers needed time to refresh your room for your use, hence, the delay; I do apologise for the inconvenience. I am truly sorry that the beverage service that you have requested for did not arrive and will ensure that necessary trainings and amends will be implemented to prevent future occurrence of such incidents, and to ensure that your next visit with us will be a seamless one.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I have to admit, I tend to be skeptical when staying at hotels that others have described as very good. However, the St. Regis lived up to it 's excellent reputation. Yes, there were a couple of miscues, but the genuine and passionate commitment of the staff at every level turned these problems into moments of pleasant surprise. I have stayed at a number of other excellent properties in Singapore, but the St. Regis stands out as the best of the lot. I was especially impressed with the management of the hotel who were consistently involved in directly serving guests. A special tip of the hat to Billie for his generous response to a couple of rather minor concerns. From the elegance of it's rooms to the relaxed and pleasant demeanor of the staff, this is a great hotel in every way. Hard to overstate how wonderful our stay was at this excellent Starwood property.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear MelI92,

Thank you for staying at The St. Regis Singapore. I would also like to thank you for your exceptional praises with regards to your impeccable stay; from our staff that rendered exceptional service standards to your exquisite room that was beyond your every expectations. Your kind words of appreciation has been personally conveyed to our Front Office Manager, Billy. I cannot wait to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

My wife gave me a treat here for my birthday and we stayed at the pent house suite.. was amazing... it had a great view.. the service was excellent and there was a complimentary birthday cake which was amazing.. the staff were really friendly... there were complimentary evening cocktails which were great.. the breakfast was average and that was the only downside... would definitely come back here again.. and its also 15 mins walk to botanical gardens..

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sathvinder

Dear sathvinder,

Thank you for staying at the best address where timeless elegance resides. I would also like to thank you for your generous praises with regards to your exceptional stay from your impeccably luxurious Penthouse Room to the service that was rendered by our staff, as well as the evening soiree at LaBrezza which exceeded your every expectations.

I do apologise for your breakfast experience, and the management of the restaurant has been well noted on your invaluable feedback.