All reviews great location bunk beds merlion park mrt stations clarke quay singapore river wet room free breakfast shower and toilet night life would stay again air con walking distance dorm chinatown capsules lock
Reviewed 23 December 2018

Stayed there twice in August and November 2018 and both were good experiences. Was job hunting that time and the staff were very friendly and kind (Cai Lin, Alex, Angelina, Uncle who does the laundry). There was a time when I needed access to a computer and one of them went out of her way to lend me her personal laptop.

The location is very accessible to places like Chinatown, Bugis, Orchard (if you like walking relatively long distances then you can certainly reach this area hehe). I'd go play pool in a bartender friend's place at Orchard tower then easily go back home in a bus which was great. Also went shopping at the nearby Millenia Walk mall which was a 15-30 minute walk for me.

Internet access is great but sometimes I got kicked off repeatedly. Told the staff about this and hopefully next time the router will get upgraded. Might help to bring a device that supports dual-band.

All in all I'd rate my experience in this hostel as an A. The only downside I remember was the bad foot fungi that was probably unavoidable in a hostel and the noisy guests that come in from time to time.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ohyeah-its-me2
QuartersHostel, Receptionist at Quarters Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2019

Hi Empuerto!

We remember you and miss you dearly.

Thank you for your review and bringing so much joy to us during your stay with us.

We got the router fixed and we're up and going again!

Nevertheless, we hope your job hunt went well.

Do come back to visit us!

Reviewed 19 December 2018 via mobile

Reasonable priced beds, complimentary breakfast, tea, and coffee, and right next to the quay as well as many bars, pubs, and clubs. Incredibly helpful and friendly staff, you'd confuse it for a cafe if you weren't paying attention.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Denny,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are glad to have you here with us during your time here in Singapore.

We’re looking forward to having you again in the future. Do come back to visit! :)

Reviewed 14 December 2018 via mobile

An okay stay but I wouldn’t come back.
Pros: dorm is clean, basic breakfast included, location is ideal.
Cons: There are cameras everywhere in the dorm room and even in the common area of the bathroom. Because of this, the only place you can get changed is the toilet, which is always soaked... Really annoying because your shorts or pants always get wet. Check in time is late (3pm) and no possibility for an earlier check in. One staff member seems to have a sore attitude. For instance, she told a guest they needed to pay to replace towel. Guest requested they attempt to wash it and bill her later if the small spot didn’t come out. Receptionist argued with her and told her “Fine, I’ll pay for it out of MY OWN MONEY for you!” I couldn’t believe the attitude towards a guest who was humiliated in front of everyone eating breakfast. Some of the beds have plastic left on them for hygienic reasons but they are so uncomfortable and so noisy. Not all of them have it (I rented 2 bunks and only one did). Zero atmosphere. The moth balls hanging around smell horrible. The thing that annoyed me most is that on checkout day, the same receptionist came upstairs twice in the span of half an hour to “remind” us to leave. I felt like I was being kicked out before checkout time.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2018

In the middle of a great part of Singapore! Close to many attractions and eating places. Great and friendly staff who are knowledgeable and willing to help, and neat and aesthetically pleasing common area on the ground floor! Fast wifi.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are so glad to have you here with us during your time here in Singapore.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Great stays for 2 night. Eventhough it surrounds with pub n bar, u wouldnt get bothered with it. Nice and informative staffs. And also clean bathroom. Recomended place to stay while youre in Singapore

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
QuartersHostel, Front Office Manager at Quarters Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2018

Dear Denny,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are glad to have you here with us during your time here in Singapore.