All reviews boat quay circular road singapore river key card early check cereal slippers convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed in a number of capsule hotels in Japan so had an idea of what to expect and it didn’t disappoint. For the price and location you really can’t complain. Everything you need for a simple stay, very friendly staff and comfortable and clean accommodations

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Craig92683
QuartersHostel, Public Relations Manager at Quarters Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here.

Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

Great location! Along Circular Road, you may already find cheap restaurants there. There are also Bars and Party Pubs nearby so expect parked cars along the way and people having night drinks. It’s just few minutes walk to the Raffles place station, and to the Boat Quay, it’s facing Singapore River. I had a nice and quiet night walk there☺️

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Justine S
Reviewed 22 August 2019

Positives first: Location was fine (within walking distance from most major sites) and downstairs was fine.

Negatives: staff were rude and abrupt when we were checking in- we had to wait 10 minutes whilst he finished paperwork , and then he showed us round and explained loads of rules that seemed to focus particularly about not wearing shoes in the rooms ( a several hundred dollar fine was threatened),not allowed to make the sheets dirty at all (threats of more fines, but are they not washed and changed anyway?!) And how to wear the communal shower flip flops (um.... not cool with that my friend!) The beds were literally a bed in a capsule, with no shelf inside to put phones etc. The blind at the end of the bed is see through when you have the light on, and there is CCTV in the rooms so you can't get changed outside your bed, or inside with the light on. The bathroom toilets have the showers in them, and there are only 4 between at least 20 people. They are also basic, not particularly clean and one had paint rollers and a paintbrush in it. Who wants to shower in the same room as a bin full of other people's used toilet paper? Where else are you supposed to get changed if you do? Not the bedroom, under the watchful gaze of the CCTV, surely?

Finally, I have to say that I draw the line at the man who cleaned the room coming in and telling me off for hanging clothes up on a peg, taking photos of the room and the beds (Maybe as evidence? Who knows?!) and telling me not to spray things in the bedroom (I had foolishly thought to put on some sunscreen before I went outside).

We hostel relatively often, and I'm not particularly fussed about lots of things- we weren't expecting a hotel experience. However, the sheer volume of rules, fines and threats in comparison
to the level of comfort and convenience made this a distinctly unpleasant atmosphere, and i can honestly say that this hostel did not give us the"good vibes" promised on the door.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Torvangelus
QuartersHostel, Guest Relations Manager at Quarters Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2019

Hello there!

Thank you for leaving a review to let us serve you better in the future. Please allow us to clarify the situation here. We do not point any of the CCTV towards the beds. CCTVs are there to prevent anyone from violating the rules (e.g wearing shoes/slippers in the room or hanging a wet towel in the room and damaging the floor etc..), theft and/or bringing outside guests. Our blinds are not see through. They are there for privacy and at the same time allow for air ventilation into the pods.

Its really doubtful that our staff shouted “Oi” at you to get your attention, you were only approached by our staff when they told you to put on your sunscreen in the bathroom instead of the room. Which you denied but eventually admitted after being obviously pointed out by our staff that you are covered in sunscreen. Your area is covered in sunscreen oil and it is affecting other guests that are staying in the same room as you.

The guest are allowed to use the hooks in the bedroom to hang their towels and clothes but not to dry washed clothing/towels soaked in water and thus damaging the floor in the process. We have outdoor hooks in the bathroom area to air dry your wet clothes/towels under the sun.

The CCTV at the bathroom area is pointed outside the toilets and not inside. It is also a security measure to prevent guest from using the washer and dryer without making a payment first. Bathroom slippers are provided for everyone and it is free of charge.

In case you forgot what room you selected, you booked a mixed dorm so its assumable that you know there will be a mixed of males and females in the dorm that you’re staying in and that there is no random mens coming in and out of the room as it is a mixed dorm and not a female dorm. Our staff took a photo of the wet towel only for our evidence for such cases whereby the guest denied hanging their wet towels in the room where its clearly stated not to with the signs in the rooms.

When a guest checked out, the staff will go up to the room to check the beds for stains and/or damages and making sure that nobody leave anything valuable behind. If they are any stains or damages, we will then inform the guest about it. We will try out best to remove the stains so the guest would be able to get their deposits back eventually. In your case, there was a stain on the bed and our staff told you to wait for awhile in order for us to see if the stains made by you are removable or not. We returned your deposit back since the stain is washable. Just like what our staff promised you.

All of what stated above were told and explained to you thoroughly by our staff when you checked in and you even signed on the guest registration form, acknowledging it.

We hope this clarifies your stay with us here in Quarters. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 August 2019

I have stayed in many hostels in my life and usually have a very good sleep, but this stay was something... I could not sleep at all.
It is either the room is for waaay too many people and some were not sleeping all night, because it is not really a capsule and you can hear all the noises / see light, or because the safety boxes are open/closed with a loud sound, but the stay was terrible. I had to leave to another place without staying all the days I paid for. Unless you plan to be drunk or on sleeping pills, do not recommend staying there

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Margarita R

Thank you for sharing with us your experience and we apologise for any inconveniences faced during your stay here with us. We at Quarters will continue to do our utmost best for all our guests by taking the feedbacks received seriously to better improve our service in the future.

We’re looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hostel.

Be extraordinary and take care!

Love,
Quarters

Reviewed 6 June 2019

There are cameras inside the bedrooms, do NOT stay here. Employees did not mention this to me or to my friends, who were checked in on a different day. It is also not written down anywhere. When I noticed the cameras, the staff acted like it was no big deal and told me to “change in the bathroom” if it bothered me. When they realized how upset I was, they changed their story and said that they had told me about the cameras, which was a lie. I felt incredibly violated and taken advantage of, and anyone who stays here will have their privacy invaded.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank madison473
QuartersHostel, - at Quarters Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2019

Dear guest,

We have checked with the staffs on shift during the days you were around and we realised that there was a miscommunication amongst them.
We are so sorry that we made you feel this way but we really appreciate that you took your precious time to write this review, we will work harder to bring our future guests better service and improved communication among the staff.
We hope that you have a great day and to more awesome trips ahead.

Love,