“One of Singapore's finest”
Review of Rhubarb

Rhubarb
Ranked #4 of 11,280 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$42 - US$138
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: A small fine French restaurant set up by Paul Longworth, Jerome Desfonds & Au Petit Salut. Contempory approach to French cuisine with very personalised service. A well worked out and affordable wine list to completment the dining experience.
Reviewed 24 January 2017

This was a birthday treat. It's a real gem - intimate with only 6 tables. Eye watering delicious food; looked sensational and taste matched expectations. The best rhubarb dessert - that you were tempted to lick the plate - obviously I didn't. To compliment the food, was the excellent and attentive service.

Whether visiting or living in Singapore - would highly recommend getting yourself along to this restaurant and make an advance booking.

We are returning for our next special night out.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

I had the tasting menu paired with wine - 5 courses, 5 different wines and all of them were excellent except perhaps the main course (I had the Beef) - which was good but more on the average side rather than exceptional. The wines were really well paired with the food, particularly the Chardonnay with the white onion emulsion with truffle - divine. I would recommend the restaurant for the food but I would hesitate to return there unless the menu had changed.
Another small criticism which is my personal taste and view was the interior decor. The table cloth on the table directly opposite me was significantly lob-sodded and this irritated the OCD in me! I found the under-skirts on the tables old-fashioned and not in line with the (what I presume to be) more minimalist attempt at interior decor. A change of table design and perhaps a little cancel on each table could help.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Rhubarb is an intimate french restaurant in the Chinatown district of Singapore. The restaurant only has 7 tables. We weren't sure how they survive with so few covers per day, but we were glad they do as the creative, quality food is well worth the visit. The staff and sommelier were helpful & it was nice to meet the chef. A nice concept - glad to see them rewarded with a michelin star.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely familydinner at Rhubarb last evening in Singapore. What a journey on a plate❣We choose our dishes from the ala carte so that everyone could have something they really liked. All the dishes looked so beautiful and tasted amazing - the kitchen is so innovative!

The restaurant has only seven tables so the reservation beforehand is a must. But it really is a worth it!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

I was invited by a dear friend for her Birthday Lunch. It was just three of us excited to try this Michelin Star restaurant in Singapore.

It was an intimate place with only around 7 or 8 tables and was full when we were there. The food selection in the menu all sounds wonderful and we felt like we needed advice what to order. And this is when the confusion began.... The waitress - the only one - was not helpful at all, her answers to our questions were..."everything in our menu is good otherwise we don't put it there"... OR ..."I can't tell you what is better, I don't want to force you to choose" - as if we will let her to force us to chose. We just wanted some advice. We ended up ordering the Set Lunch Menu.

And I wonder if to get the accreditation for Michelin Star Restaurant, service does not matter.

The only time the waitress smiled to us was when she needed to apologise to have mixed up our orders:-) - which I genuinely thought was not supposed to ever happen in a Michelin Star place?

Food was good but not excellent, I have had better French cuisine at non Michelin one, and with a friendlier service.

This will be the one time and only I visit this place.

3  Thank Bejezet