“Great food but poor service”
Review of Rhubarb

Rhubarb
Ranked #4 of 11,290 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$42 - US$138
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: A small fine French restaurant set up by Paul Longworth, Jerome Desfonds & Au Petit Salut. Contempory approach to French cuisine with very personalised service. A well worked out and affordable wine list to completment the dining experience.
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Love the atmosphere when I first walked into the restaurant. Had read many great reviews about the place and was excited about the visit. However, the experience was a great disappointment due to the bad service of a young waiter. the waiter's attitude was indescribably bad. I will not revisit or recommend the place no matter how good the food is.

3  Thank jentsh

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

This is a nice small restaurant, and we had high expectations, not just for the food but also the service.

The food is of a high quality for sure, but the service oh man!! My Wife was chastised by the waiter for wanting to try a little bit of bread because she had said she had a wheat allergy, surely it's up to her to manage the risk?

I would love to try the food again, but because of the service, I wouldn't bother. So why still 3 points? because I believe YOU can go and have a excellent experience, for me I cannot.

2  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 10 February 2017

We were recommended to Rhubarb by our Melbourne travel agent for a significant (the big 70) birthday and were not disappointed.
We were first in at around 6.30 so had the opportunity to sense the vibe of the place as we started our meal. Its a great vibe, from both the open kitchen and the attentive front of house staff, and through the night were were visited by both the maitre d' and the executive chef. I guess that's one of the benefits of having only 7 tables!
The degustation was perfect, with serving sizes and timing service to the highest standard.
Our waiter, herself a chef, was extremely knowledgeable, and kept us up to date as each course arrived, including the additional "free" ones in between, as my wife likes to say.
And to top it off, when we reached dessert, out came the plate with a birthday greeting on the plate (in French of course).
This was a night that delivered on expectations.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Some of the best service we've enjoyed in SG. Personable and genuine. Fine dining but not fussy or stuffy. Very reasonable wine list in terms of value and pricing. 3 Course lunch menu a steal at $40. Coravin option for vintage wine a really nice perk. Top choice for delivering on high expectations.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We organised a taxi to Rhubard Le Restaurant near Chinatown. We had read about it on TripAdvisor and we had booked a seat when we arrived in Singapore as they only have 7 tables. Tiny French restaurant with French wait staff – felt like we very in Paris! We selected the 3 course lunch menu and were not disappointed. Excellent value at S$42 (plus taxes). My husband had the Emulsion du Marche, followed by Canadian port tenderloin, cotechino and pine barley and caramelised pineapple, coconut pulp, nana de coco with fromage blanc sorbet for dessert. I had heirloom tomatoes, ricotta, burnt pomelo with Yunupingu pearl to start, followed by lamb leg & tongue, potato galette and pea pulp and chocolate brownie, salted caramel, peanut praline and vanilla ice cream to finish. Yum, Yum!