“Another great dinner”

Price range: US$42 - US$138
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: A small fine French restaurant set up by Paul Longworth, Jerome Desfonds & Au Petit Salut. Contempory approach to French cuisine with very personalised service. A well worked out and affordable wine list to completment the dining experience.
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another great dinner”
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We traveled from Bangkok specially to have dinner here (for the second time) and it was just as good as the first.

We both went with the full set including wine pairing. Great dishes created by chef Paul main highlights from the set was pan seared foie gras with seared Sturgeon and pumpkin emulsion. (First visit was onion, that was also super but I think pumpkin was even better) but all dishes were faultless.

Ellie the server has a dry and refreshing sense of humor paired with efficient and informative service, she's great.

Great wines paired with the food too!

Very small comment, when the kitchen is in full swing the escaping "aromas" can be a bit heavy when sitting at the chef's table. I don't mind this, but maybe others might not like it if they don't want their silk Chanel scarfs to smell like gourmet heaven.

Visited February 2017

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Great food but poor service”
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Love the atmosphere when I first walked into the restaurant. Had read many great reviews about the place and was excited about the visit. However, the experience was a great disappointment due to the bad service of a young waiter. the waiter's attitude was indescribably bad. I will not revisit or recommend the place no matter how good the food is.

• Visited February 2017
2 Thank jentsh
Singapore, Singapore
“Attitude spoils the day”
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

This is a nice small restaurant, and we had high expectations, not just for the food but also the service.

The food is of a high quality for sure, but the service oh man!! My Wife was chastised by the waiter for wanting to try a little bit of bread because she had said she had a wheat allergy, surely it's up to her to manage the risk?

I would love to try the food again, but because of the service, I wouldn't bother. So why still 3 points? because I believe YOU can go and have a excellent experience, for me I cannot.

Visited February 2017
2 Thank Ashley R
“A significant birthday”
Reviewed 10 February 2017

We were recommended to Rhubarb by our Melbourne travel agent for a significant (the big 70) birthday and were not disappointed.
We were first in at around 6.30 so had the opportunity to sense the vibe of the place as we started our meal. Its a great vibe, from both the open kitchen and the attentive front of house staff, and through the night were were visited by both the maitre d' and the executive chef. I guess that's one of the benefits of having only 7 tables!
The degustation was perfect, with serving sizes and timing service to the highest standard.
Our waiter, herself a chef, was extremely knowledgeable, and kept us up to date as each course arrived, including the additional "free" ones in between, as my wife likes to say.
And to top it off, when we reached dessert, out came the plate with a birthday greeting on the plate (in French of course).
This was a night that delivered on expectations.

• Visited January 2017
“Exceptional lunch in every way”
Reviewed 7 February 2017

Some of the best service we've enjoyed in SG. Personable and genuine. Fine dining but not fussy or stuffy. Very reasonable wine list in terms of value and pricing. 3 Course lunch menu a steal at $40. Coravin option for vintage wine a really nice perk. Top choice for delivering on high expectations.

• Visited January 2017