“Top food and wine, fairly priced!”
Review of Rhubarb

Rhubarb
Ranked #4 of 11,280 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$42 - US$138
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: A small fine French restaurant set up by Paul Longworth, Jerome Desfonds & Au Petit Salut. Contempory approach to French cuisine with very personalised service. A well worked out and affordable wine list to completment the dining experience.
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We had a reservation for six on a Saturday (last) night, we arrived just after 8:30pm and started with a half bottle of pinot noir. I can only say that the evening got better progressively. The foie gras was the best I have had, the fish was normal (have definitely had better Dory - maybe they should look into what fish they want to use). The beef, which everyone else on the table had, was the winner!
They have this oyster leaf preparation which isn't for the faint of heart!
For dessert, we tried pretty much everything on the menu and it was all above average.
When i compare this to Jaan, the portions are a lot better and the quality is definitely more competitive. So if view isn't your top priority (and food is), I'd highly recommend Rhubarb. 3 hours well spent & the total damage was around $1,200 for six.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We have been here before and love this food. It is really worth flying from Bangkok to eat here. Thank you Paul for making this great food. A big thanks to Ellie for great service with a great sense of humor. We will come back

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We traveled from Bangkok specially to have dinner here (for the second time) and it was just as good as the first.

We both went with the full set including wine pairing. Great dishes created by chef Paul main highlights from the set was pan seared foie gras with seared Sturgeon and pumpkin emulsion. (First visit was onion, that was also super but I think pumpkin was even better) but all dishes were faultless.

Ellie the server has a dry and refreshing sense of humor paired with efficient and informative service, she's great.

Great wines paired with the food too!

Very small comment, when the kitchen is in full swing the escaping "aromas" can be a bit heavy when sitting at the chef's table. I don't mind this, but maybe others might not like it if they don't want their silk Chanel scarfs to smell like gourmet heaven.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Love the atmosphere when I first walked into the restaurant. Had read many great reviews about the place and was excited about the visit. However, the experience was a great disappointment due to the bad service of a young waiter. the waiter's attitude was indescribably bad. I will not revisit or recommend the place no matter how good the food is.

3  Thank jentsh
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

This is a nice small restaurant, and we had high expectations, not just for the food but also the service.

The food is of a high quality for sure, but the service oh man!! My Wife was chastised by the waiter for wanting to try a little bit of bread because she had said she had a wheat allergy, surely it's up to her to manage the risk?

I would love to try the food again, but because of the service, I wouldn't bother. So why still 3 points? because I believe YOU can go and have a excellent experience, for me I cannot.

2  Thank Ashley R