“Impressive dinner”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Last night in Singapore after a 3 day stop over. Was looking for something special and FOC didn't disappoint. Sat at the bar and was entertained by Juan - head chef. He was engaging but not intrusive. He Recommended courses to match and they were delicious. Highlight was the piña colada dessert but everything was beautiful. Can highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Another place we have been many times already simply because the tapas are excellent. Some of them can be relatively heavy on the stomach afterwards (don't have too many patatas bravas) but the overall quality is great. I remember on previous occasions they always tried to move us to a less attractive table and I really don't understand why. Also this time. Now however, a first for me, they moved us to the communal tables at the end. The music is very very loud there and you almost have to shout to talk to one another, not so pleasant while dining. Also, we were four and they seated us with four other on the same table, which makes it a bit crowded. Too crowded in fact combined with the music so loud there and especially for this kind of place. I mean this is not a food court, it's a high end tapas bar. I guess they're just trying to squeeze in as many people as possible but you have to realize that if people's dining experience is not so good because of that, they will be visiting less and checking out other places because there are sooooo many good tapas bars in Singapore after all. So I'll go again but will watch carefully how they deal with the seating then. If it continues in the direction I don't really like, this place might become less appealing to me.

1  Thank GSingapore
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Title says it all... Great evening out at FOC. Highly recommended for any situation occasion. Spanish food at its best, comparable to some of the good ones I've tried in Spain.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

A large selection of gluten free food. Though one item soy caviar labelled gluten free seems to contain soy sauce, which is usually non gluten free.
The slow cooked octopus is wonderful, so is the squid ink paella

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Loved the ambience, loved the food, loved the friendly staff. Shout out to the head chef (I think) for going the extra mile to explain to us the dishes and mix 2 foods (which were supposed to serve in 2 different dishes) in 1 dish so that we could taste both with the price of one. I take one star off because when I confirmed my reservation over the phone with the hostess, she said, "we need the table back by 8.45." which was 2 hours after my reserved time. I understand that the restaurant might be busy and they need a second turnover (I have worked in restaurants for more than 5 years) but I find it rude and inconsiderate to tell customers that they only have 2 hours to dine and they have to leave after 2 hours. We enjoyed the food a lot and would love to order more but because of this hostess I decided not to spend more money on this restaurant so we went to another place to continue our date night. We ordered total of 7 dishes, 2 beers, and a cocktail and our bill was more than SGD 200 but less than SGD 300.