“Disappointing Squid Ink Paella”
Review of FOC Restaurant

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Singapore River/Riverside
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We visited this establishment at Hong Kong Street in August. It is supposed to be a one-Michelin-star restaurant. We ordered a variety of tapas. Some were very good, but others were mediocre. I was not sure how many chefs were in the kitchen, but judging from the uneven quality of the different dishes, there must be some very junior assistant cooks in the kitchen. In any case, the litmus test is paellas. But the squid ink paella we ordered was nothing to write home about. We had much tastier version in other Spanish restaurants in Singapore and other European cities. I think Michelin has overrated this joint!

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (682)

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We were there in a big group of 20+ people after a long day of meeting celebrating changes of role. As such we got a group menu which is only SGD80 per person for 7 to 8 dishes. For the length of the menu it is a steal. Every dish is clearly above expectation but for me the Grilled Octopus and the Seafood Paella is simply amazing. The flavours, the texture of these dishes is simply memorable.

Just in case I forget the taste if these 2 dishes, I went back to FOC two days later with my young girl. Ordered these two dishes just in case I have forgotten the taste plus mushroom croquettes and a flambe bread pudding. We concluded it was amazing.

The wines are also superb but can be on the pricier side. The service, however is simply delightful to have - easy and yet attentive and warm.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank tpsze
Reviewed 27 August 2018

If you are looking for 1) Good Looking+ Tasting Food2) Designer cocktails3) Great serviceA must visit.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve been in Barcelona many times and only had a good paella once, I’ve never expected to eat a good one in Singapore! Tapas are great too

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I've been to FOC at Hong Kong St about 6 times over the last 2 years and the quality of the food hasn't been compromised. Staff are pretty attentive to my needs, such as for a birthday celebration and feedback about the dishes. Plus, the specials for the day didn't disappoint either. I would say the outlet in Sentosa and Orchard are decent too, but the one at HK St is my personal favourite.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co