“Excellent quality for authentic Spanish tapas ”
Review of FOC Restaurant

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Singapore River/Riverside
Reviewed 16 July 2019 via mobile

My German friend invited me out for dinner and recommended this FOC Restaurant, which is located in Hong Kong Street.

It was a divine meal, with exceptional culinary skills with truly authentic flavours from Barcelona. We had croquette with porcini mushrooms, some green peppers, anchovies, grilled octopus with mashed potatoes, and an extremely wonderful dessert, with custard cream.

It is a casual setting and great to enjoy nice conversation. Smart casual is fine, and the staff are really friendly.

Will be back again to try more dishes the next time.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (635)

Reviewed 16 June 2019 via mobile

I have not posted a review on a restaurant for a long time because I have not been 'wowed' for a pretty long time. And boy am I glad that I finally visited a restaurant in Singapore that makes my tastebuds jump with joy again.

First off, service was fantastic. You can always catch hold of the waiters (if they have not got to you first). We started with cocktails whilst waiting for friends and I was very impressed with their concoctions as well. They usually have the classics vs their own take - I ordered the 50:50 Old Fashioned and really liked it.

Food-wise, almost every dish was a surprise and quickly snapped up before the shutterbugs could lay our lenses on them. I especially love the bread with tomato, patatas bravas and estrellados. On the two former, you would be fooled if you think for a second that they are just toast and potatoes. The bread with tomato is so homely and heartwarming no words could describe. As for the patatas bravas, you just have to see it for yourself (nope it's not a bowl of fried potatoes). The estrellados is a bowl mixed with scrambled eggs, fried potatoes cubes and iberico ham. Simply yummy. All the food was great but I just have to mention the squid ink paella (authentic Spanish fare) and one of the specials we had - sea urchin on toast.

Can't wait to go back again. Great job guys!! An exciting find on Hong Kong street.

2  Thank kevinho1979
Reviewed 11 June 2019

We love the tapas there , always yummy ! Good food is for tasting . My favorite restaurant. Always coming back .
Thanks

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
1  Thank Navigate52691890782
Reviewed 9 June 2019

Absolutely loved the croquettes and the patatas bravas. Sangria a little too sweet for my liking but the passion fruit and chocolate dessert was sublime

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
1  Thank GTiR78
Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

# great place next to Clarke Quay
# excellent service
# not cheap, but it’s definitely worth it!
# reserve a table