“Thumbs up!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Celebrated Father's Day at Xi Yan. Food was yummy, service for great and the price was reasonable! Definitely coming back for other family gatherings

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant by accident. Usually, we will either choose a restaurant which we had frequent or places that were recommended by others. It is quite seldom that I can bump into such a good restaurant and yet we walk out saying that we will go back again.

The signature prawn mee is excellent. My husband and I dont have enough when we ordered a medium size prawn mee. I understand from my in laws and children that the fried rice was good as well (I didnt try it as I dont take fried rice) The fried hakka lao shu fen was also good. The only dish that we dont like is the fried kway tiao as it was oily. The fried meat is also quite nice.

The desert was excellent as well. The dumpling was very nice that we ordered another bowl. The peanut is mixed with salted egg. The soup was excellent. The ginger smell was very strong yet it was not spicy at all!
The other desert that we ordered is the pumpkin salted egg ice-cream. Usually I dont take cold stuff or even ice cream but the fancy name make me ordered my desert. Excellent choice! Must try!

I will definitely come back again! and recommend this restaurant to all! Unique food that is tasty and very good service by all friendly staff.

Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I found the food quite different from what I would get in other Chinese restaurants in Singapore. They offered different portions and we ordered many dishes with the smallest serving. Every dish that we tried was very good. The food was a bit oily. The price was very good for the quality of the food. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Tugged away on the third floor of Shaw Center, one can mistakingly walk by this restaurant. A small restaurant but the food is somewhat unique Chinese restaurant. We began with jelly fish and cucumber in sesame wasabi sauce (served cold), steamed cod fish with white noodles in pickled Chili, string beans with olives and pork, pork leg with egg in Chinese vinegar, ginger and garlic, black truffles prawn omelette, roasted kafir leaves chicken. All the food tastes good and presented in small portion. Finally we had the Pregnant woman fried rice which was acceptable. It was full of flavour of radish, ginger, olives and fried shrimps! Overall the food taste good and quite reasonable. Ambience is modern and quite cramp! Not crowded on a holiday evening!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

First time there and the place is small so recommended to call first and make bookings. Food was delicious and we wanted to try all dishes but with four of us is impossible so we are coming back again. The menu is a mixture of dialects and different types of fried rice even for pregnant ladies. Service is excellent. The server will explain the dishes if you are unsure. Beer and wine is served too.