“Best Tailor I've Ever Been”

Mohan's Custom Tailors
Ranked #21 of 531 Shopping in Singapore
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Max is an experienced tailor with excellent knowledge in tailoring. I have tailored with 4-6 "bespoke" tailors in singapore but Max is different. I did a full canvas suit with him and very specific details, and he got it spot on! Now, I have decided to make my wedding suit with him as well. This will definitely be my go-to tailor in town! Well done Max.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Retail quality comes in several dimensions. Selling a tailor-made item of clothing starts with patient attention by the tailor to measuring correctly, Offering a wide range of materials and allowing time to make a considered choice come next. Providing a high-quality item at reasonable cost, in the time promised, complete the process.....except for after-sales service. It is this last that separates the truly high quality provider from the others.

I don't know how long Mohan's has been in business, but I bought my first shirt and a jacket more than six years ago on a business trip to Singapore and it even then had a sense of an old-established service. Its sales team has never changed in that time, which makes a point about working and customer cultures. I never felt pressured to buy or rush my choice of materials. My shirts and jacket were always ready when promised and the quality, relative to price, has been much better than previous local tailors that I had tried.

The final quality test, of after-sales service, became evident when I found that there had been a mistake in measuring several shirts which made the finished products less desirable than they should have been (I think the mistake was made by the supplier to Mohan's). Mistakes can happen - what matters is what the seller does about them. My previous tailors would have shrugged it off as 'You accepted them, so end of story'.

Not so Mohan's! Each time I passed by the shop on a visit to Singapore, Mr. Mohan or his team would remind me to bring the shirts back for replacement. It took me several years, yes years, before I finally remembered. Mohan's was as good as its word. It has recently replaced five expensive shirts, without question, with high-quality substitutes. You can easily find cheaper, but I have not found better value in Europe or in Asia.

I have written many TA reviews. I only give five stars when all aspects of the service have been excellent. On all my criteria of top-quality service and product, Mohan's truly deserves the maximum rating.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located in Far East Plaza on Scotts Road and close to the entrance, it is easy to find the place and very easy to get to. By pass all the others who call out for your attention and head straight to Mohan's. As soon as you enter you are met with the friendly Mr. Mohan. I have had a few shirts and trousers done with them. The material has been excellent and the fitting to comfort. With my travel and daily wear the shirts have stood up well. The choice of fabric is wide and the key is the friendly service with patience to ensure you are fully satisfied with the end product. The turnaround time is very good. For people looking for business wear, I recommend to visit Mohan's. I will be back for more as has been the case for 5 years now.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a repeat customer of Max Mohan Tailors. Started with 2 trousers last year, my 1st experience of tailoring in Singapore. Great workmanship and fitting.

Went on to do 2 business suits. Again, excellent outcome though pocket friendly pricing.

Back again this year for more trousers and again same result - Fantastic and Awesome stitching with nice and friendly service.

Highly recommended especially for those who are looking for formal and business suits and clothing.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Was 15 years since I was last here and Max still delivers great quality and value. Very happy with my suits, shirts and tuxedo, delivered in a short time before my flight home. Thanks again Max!