“Ambience, food & service on point”

The Halia at Singapore Botanic Gardens
Reserve with Chope
The Halia at Singapore Botanic Gardens is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 12,641 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tanglin
Description: Nestled in the lush surroundings of the Ginger Garden, within Singapore's first world heritage - Singapore Botanic Gardens. The Halia was established in 2001 with great consideration to conform to the contours of the land and majestic trees. Our cuisine of Modern European with Asian Influences is a nod to Singapore's diverse and metropolitan landscape. Guests may choose to dine ensconced in the comfort of our air-conditioned Dining Room which still offer a view of the gardens through full-length glass windows or enjoy the natural breeze and surrounding view on the Viewing Deck.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not easy to find a restaurant where all 3 key determinants of a good experience - ambience, food & service - are met. Had the spring chicken which was succulent and tasty, and the sous vide wagyu beef special. Thank you for dinner!

1  Thank Connector15308076761
Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The setting of this restaurant (on the outdoor Terrace) is truly beautiful and quite serene. The food is fairly good (well presented and tasty) however the whole experience is hugely let down by the service. The woman at the door (on both occasions we have visited) has such a stern face initially that despite warming up is the lasting, not-so-great first impression. On our most recent visit it seemed like the restaurant was understaffed although there was almost no one else in there (and at least 6 staff members) when we visited. Perhaps since we were there at an off-peak time they were just relaxed and going about their jobs but we had to ask twice for the tea I ordered to be brought and then they totally forgot to bring out our desserts. After about 20 minutes we asked about those and then waited even longer to receive them with not even a small gesture of apology. Sadly, not up to scratch for the price point.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This restaurant has a beautiful setting, surrounded by greenery. The breakfast menu was good and I I enjoyed my smashed avocado on toast.In general, the staff were not very friendly, and one staff member was actually quite rude. When I arrived for my reservation just after 9am, no one greeted me, despite the fact that there were only 2 other patrons dining. When a staff member finally came over, she tried to send me to the conference centre opposite. I have no idea why. Her communication skills were very poor. The same staff member spoke to my friend very rudely when my friend arrived with her dog. My friend had no intention of bringing her dog into the restaurant and was quite shocked at the way the staff member spoke to her.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ambience, service and food are excellent. It match the expectations for the high pricing. It certainly make my wedding anniversary dinner an evening to remember. I would recommend this place for family that has a very special occasion to celebrate. I certainly would come more often if the price for the steaks are more affordable.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One of the staff; Ashraf (sorry if its spelt wrongly) - friendly & professional. Gave good recommendations about the food.