“Good food and ambience”

Ranked #178 of 11,356 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the basement level, Pete’s Place specialises in authentic Italian cuisine from homemade pastas to wood-fired oven pizzas. The bread counter offers freshly baked breads, a salad bar that features a healthy selection of salads with a choice of dressings, and classic Italian favourites
Reviewed 12 February 2017

You have to try the sirloin steak, we ordered medium rare and it was peeerfeeeeccctttttt!!!! My boyfriend was so happy that I had chosen this place for a date as he is very particular about food. We also ordered the squid ink pasta which was very flavorful. The restaurant is cosy and great for a couple date

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at Pete's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear huiting_angel,

We were so delighted to read your kind review. Your compliments have been passed on to the cuilinary team and we cannot wait to welcome your partner and yourself back for another unforgettable meal.

Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Always good food and service at Pete's place
The one thing I would change is, if the pasta station could offer more than just two pastas.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at Pete's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear shariffahd,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback on our pasta station will be shared with the culinary team and we cannot wait to welcome you back the next time to Pete’s Place.

Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

As every Saturday night I took the best restaurants in Singapore guide, choose one and take my wife.

I am currently finishing the dinner and cannot wait to review it, mainly so the management does something about it. It is obviously my fault for going to a restaurant in a hotel where people come and go, so they do not need to provide any quality food or service, given most people would only go once. Just like a restaurant in an airport.

The good:
-good ambient music, perfect to have nice conversations

The average:
-decoration and bread counter
-cheap price
-service was not attentive

The bad:
-the food. The burrata was like plastic.
The stake was tasteless.
The pizza, oh my lord, could easily be frozen. The oven must be decent, but the dough was not well made with cheap ingredients.

grandhyattsingapore, Management team at Pete's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Dear Carlos G,

We are saddened to read of your comments on Pete’s Place as we pride ourselves offering authentic cuisine using only the finest ingredients. Our handcrafted pizzas for example are cooked in a red brick oven fired with sustainably sourced Jarrah wood from Australia. The Jarrah wood is not only used as a source of consistent heat, but also adds a unique flavour that is infused into all the pizzas that are hand-made with a special 48-hour dough recipe. We do hope we will get the chance to reinstate your trust in our restaurant and welcome you back for a better experience.

Your sincerely,

Grand Hyatt Singapore Management team

Reviewed 7 January 2017

A pleasure to dine here, as always. Staff are lovely and food is good. Attention to detail is impressive and the staff are the highlight of the place, aside from the wonderful menu.

1  Thank Sheela_Sarvananda
grandhyattsingapore, Management Team at Pete's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear Sheela_Sarvananda,

We are so pleased to read of your wonderful review for Pete’s Place! Nothing make us happier than to hear of our visitors having a great time with us. We’ll be sure to share your kind words with the team and it’s great to know that you enjoyed the service as much as you enjoyed the food. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

The Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Trying this place after a long while. Decided to try their meat section for a change. I ordered a sirloin with chianti sauce. Asked for medium and the steak came cooked. Looking at the menubof a 200 g cut and seeing it in real time, there is no way this steak can be done in medium. It is way too thin. Took a cut and decided is not worth the try and requested for a change. So i waited. By the time my wife is done with her squid ink pasta, my steak is still nowhere to be found. Waited a while more and decided to call time as i had lost my appetite. I cancelled my order with much dissapointment about the quality of the food. The waiter was rather nonchalant about it and duly cancelled my order. I paid the balance and left in disgust. Not coming back here ever again.

As an anchor food and beverage outlet of Grand Hyatt. I expect more out of this. Even Modesto offers a better quality cut of meat and better service.

What has happened to this wonderful food estabalishment? Has it lost its heart and lustre? The steak + presentation is almost like it is ordered from Hans and served with chianti sauce. Utterly dissapointed.

Dear Jeowjamin,

Thank you for your support all these years and for taking the time out to share about your experience on Tripadvisor. We are saddened to hear that your recent visit to Pete's Place was less than satisfactory, as we pride ourselves in offering top quality food at great value. We are grateful for your time in sharing your insights and we’ll review this with our culinary team at Pete's Place to improve our service and offerings to valued customers like yourself. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon for a renewed experience!

The Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team