Had the 7-course Christmas dinner and behind every dish was an interesting concept which was explained to us. I really love the whole setup; how Christmas should be about a meal with loved ones, about familiar tastes and vibes instead of strange new creations. The chef put a lot of thought into each dish and all I can say is that he completely nailed it. Every course was tasty with a unique local flavour. I couldn't get enough of all of them.
Lovely food, perfect ambience and it was enjoyable hearing the chef tell his stories (especially about the giam chye ark that led to him marrying his wife). What an enjoyable dinner.
1. Good Things Start In A Trio: Sweet potato espuma with freshly grated nutmeg, Smoked duck buah keluak wanton, laska prawns on haebee hiam cookie
2. The Macaroni Salad With A Difference: Macaroni with fruits and nuts in Nonya belachan mayonnaise dressing
3. One Chicken Two Cultures: Fried Louisiana cajun spiced chicken breast with Chinese herbal emperor chicken soup or cranberry sauce
4.The Teochew Christmas Ravioli: Smoked duck and ham ravioli in salted vegetable and duck soup (Giam Chye Ark) with shots of Cognac brandy
5. The Ham Quinoa Fan Choy: Fried quinoa rice with honey baked ham and mushroom sauce
6. The GUMBO: Louisiana Gumbo with prawns, mussels, clams, luncheon meat and served with roti prata puffs
7. Mulled Wine and Coconut Panna Cotta: Warm mulled wine with coconut panna cotta and orange peel
Impossible to pick a favourite because every dish was so delicious and unique!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.