“Have you eaten in new restaurant Super Tree by Indochine at Garden by the Bay?”
Review of Indochine Waterfront Restaurant - CLOSED

Indochine Waterfront Restaurant
Cuisines: Cambodian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Quays
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Firstly, I would like to share my unique experience with Super Tree. Singapore Garden by the Bay added more value with the new fine dining place as Indochine.
Super Tree was recommended to me and my husband by our friends. When we park our car at the carpark B, we did not immediately find the location. Even though you can see it from far away with all lights, its confusing to take first lift from carpark up, then second lift to super trees down. However, we finally found the Tree. Lift in Super Tree brought us 3 levels up. It was amazing view from rooftop of Super Tree, you can see iconic building MBS and Singapore horizon. Design of the restaurant has many elements of the flowers and plants. I think its in harmony with Garden by The Bay. Menu of Super Tree does not offer that big variety of dishes as Indochine Waterfront but its quite affordable. One tapas will cost you around $18. We order 4 tapas and one main. My favorite is grilled squid and stake. The cuisine is different from Indochine other places, I would rather call it fusion. The food was fresh, innovative and healthy. Service was a bit slow, but staff is friendly. I can understand this as this place just opened. I recommend this restaurant to anyone for lunch and dinner as it proves that it is possible to have tasty and healthy food without breaking your budget.

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“TRIP advisor - watch where you're walking!”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Nice food and great location, but unwanted souvenir of fractured foot on unseen step in very dimly lit garden! When I looked back to see what had tripped me up, there was this stupid little step,only about 2 inches high: it had been painted white at the edge but most of the white paint had chipped off or worn away.

Singapore, Singapore
“Great location”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Overlooking the river, in a quiet location near the Fullerton hotel. The terrace outside is the place to be seated. The food was delicious, on the pricey side, but I guess the location mustn't be cheap either. Service is adequate, but no frills there. I really enjoyed the food and location. I will eat there again very soon.

1 Thank Matthew H
Sydney, Australia
“Fawlty Towers Singaporean Style”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This is the latest Indochine offering situated atop a Supertree in the Gardens By the Bay. We were quite excited about lunching in a Supertree and a walk round the lovely gardens added to our bonhomie. What followed was rather a surreal experience. It started at the lift which refused to work and 20 minutes later still didn't work. We offered to climb the 300 steps but were told they were blocked - shame if there was an emergency evacuation! Eventually we took our seats. The menu arrived, we ordered food and wine. 15 minutes later the wine had failed to arrive because they didn't have it though it transpired they had every other bottle on the wine list all of which were perfectly acceptable. The food arrived. It ranged from passable (Vietnamese spring rolls) to very good (red drum fish carpaccio). The staff lacked training and the service was terrible and then a man put up a step ladder and started drilling holes in the ceiling. Conversation was impossible. The manager apologised but he didn't stop him. Basically this restaurant has opened too soon and should have been completed first. It will hopefully improve but I should leave it a while before spending your dollars here.

1 Thank Pickytraveller48
Singapore
“Love the food....”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Love the food at this indochine. Unfortunately the service can be a bit dodgy, but you just have to keep catching their eye. Ambience is lovely, right on the river overlooking boat quay. Lovely for visitors to Singapore to enjoy the view of the old and the new of Singapore.