Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from US$11.00
from US$58.46
from US$37.13
1,109 results
All reviews asian art supreme court city hall holding cells special exhibition art pieces art education juan luna permanent collection high court local artists wonderful building south east asia on display amazing architecture roof garden free admission
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Set in buildings that are now in a building which is amazing the gallery has a lot of lovely art pieces in all styles from local artists. It also includes history of Singapore with some notable historical pieces. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank 834shaned
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I went to an exhibition of Lim Chen Hoe's work, from the 1930's to the 1970's. These watercolour paintings depicted the changes which occurred in Singapore during those decades, from little houses and huts early on, to high rise buildings in the 1970's. There are also quite a few excellent portraits, including a self-portrait. Lim worked full-time in an administrative job, supporting a wife and five children. He was only able to practise his art on Sundays, when he used to join other artists beside the river and paint en plein air.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I've always loved and admire the Supreme Court Building each time I pass by and always wonder what the inside looked like. We happened to had free tickets for the family to visit the place, that has now turned into an art gallery.

I love walking down some of the rooms and having a feel of what it must have been like in a courtroom. There were all the old treaties that were on display, which me and my husband took our time reading through them and understanding the history of Singapore better.

While the adults enjoyed the time, our kids also had their fair share of fun. There are a lot of activity rooms, such as drawing, digital designing, play rooms for the kids to explore and have fun with.

We went at least half the day at the gallery, which was a surprise to me because I didnt realise time had passed so fast! We all truly enjoyed the experience here.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Building itself it is quite impressive, shared with town hall this museum hold some of best collections of local artists. Unfortunately, too much modern art and it is not for all. I think is a average visit but quite expensive.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

This was by far the most outstanding gallery in Singapore. The design of the building to the layout was impressive. I have been visiting Singapore for some 43 years and by visiting the National Gallery of Singapore I felt that Singapore has finally come of age. Well done!

Date of experience: December 2017