Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from US$11.00
from US$58.36
from US$37.06
1,106 results
All reviews asian art supreme court city hall holding cells special exhibition art pieces art education juan luna permanent collection high court local artists wonderful building south east asia on display amazing architecture roof garden free admission
Reviewed 28 November 2018

Our visit to the National Gallery was interesting with different areas set aside for art from different South East Asian regions. It was not as spectacular as some other galleries, but particularly interesting because its inclusion with the court.

Reviewed 23 November 2018 via mobile

It is a beautiful space. It clearly has fantastic art. My “could” is because I found the pricing structure confusing and I did read and I did ask. I clearly needed a general entry ticket but I’m afraid I didn’t find that clear until I was politely asked to leave a gallery. The member of staff was lovely about it. I had admittance to a special exhibition which was fine and I think I should have not paid because of another exhibition I’d visited.

Do go but check carefully you have the right entrance ticket, the staff on the counter will help but I clearly asked the wrong questions.

Reviewed 22 November 2018 via mobile

We have been to Singapore at least once a year for the last 30 years and this is the first time to visit the National Gallery. We really enjoyed it and there were a number of exhibits that our grandkids enjoyed as well! Plan ahead to know what restaurants are open and which ones require reservations. One that we looked at appeared to be too formal for us to enter with the grandkids.

Reviewed 21 November 2018

What a splendid idea to transform the majestic and monumental Old Supreme Court Building and the Old City Hall into the National Gallery. Traipsing through the hallowed halls of these buildings was like walking through a historical timeline. The new ultramodern basement level adjoining the two buildings with link bridges was somewhat incongruent architecturally, but functional nevertheless.

We were privileged to have met Benjamin Ramalingam, who was a guide in one of the halls of the Old Supreme Court Building. He was a fount of knowledge about the history of Singapore, its constitution and its legal system. He exuded with enthusiasm and highlighted the legacy left by British to Singapore and the roles played by the founding fathers William Farquhar and Stamford Raffles.

Our visit to the National Gallery on Thursday 15th November 2018 was well worth our time. Other than the artworks on display, the preserved prime minister’s room, rotunda library, courtrooms, and other aspects of these historical buildings were a delight to behold.

Reviewed 20 November 2018 via mobile

National Gallery Singapore was the highlight of my visit back in January 2017. I went there solely to enjoy the building and architectural design, not to enjoy the artworks. Luckily, we could enjoy this building for free, as the admission ticket is only for those visiting the gallery area inside the building.

NGS is such a beautifully preserved old building, with several modern touch that makes this building enjoyable and instagrammable for the visitors.

There is a lounge/restaurant at the rooftop of the building, overlooking Padang filed, Singapore skyscrappers, as well as MBS area. There is also a small beautiful garden in this rooftop.

Moreover, we joined a free guided tour which started at 11am. It was great as we got to learn the background of this building and how it played a huge role in this country's history. The guide itself was a very nice person.

Date of experience: December 2017