“Good taste”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Excellent selection of Asian taste
Wide selection of desert
Good tea and coffee selection
Attentive staff

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at StraitsKitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear mingkangc2017,

We were so happy to learn that you enjoyed dining with us at StraitsKitchen. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We brought the family for dinner buffet to celebrate my dad's birthday. We loved the warm welcome, hospitality and service rendered by all the staff. Details were looked into even for my toddler. Prior to making a reservation we had mentioned we require a baby chair and some space for a stroller. It was well catered and even plastic cutlery laid out for my kid. The complimentary birthday cake for my dad was served together with a cute birthday song by the staffs. Food was good and replenished promptly. Thou felt the variety was limited, no complains; food was flavorful and tasty.

grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at StraitsKitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear ParamesRaj,

Thank you for sharing about your recent dining experience at StraitsKitchen. We were so happy to know that everyone including the little ones had enjoyed their meal with us over your father's birthday celebration. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team and cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Very tired so decided to eat at our hotel, The Singapore Grand Hyatt, tonight. What a wise decision for us. We just experienced a supper at the best buffet we have ever eaten at! The had so many kinds of Singaporean food and every single dish was superb! My favorite was an amazing curried butter chicken. Tender with just the right mixture of spices. I ate so many things. And each was better than the one before it.

Despite being a buffet, the ambiance was quiet and we never felt rushed. The food was presented in a way that was exceptionally appealing. We had incredible service for a young woman, Dushku. She was amazingly attentive. Because I was on crutches, she went around with me and carried my plates. She explained what each of the dishes were and what the ingredients went into them. She even introduced me to the individual chefs and the Maitre d', also a lovely person. A bit later, she came back to my table and asked which dish I liked the best and if I'd like any more of it? She also brought me extras of my newly discovered favorites. What kind of a buffet has service like that? All in all, I ate twice what I'd normally eat and because of the service, had one of the best evenings I've ever had in a very long time. And the buffet price was very reasonable too.

I'll be going back for sure! Thank you StraitsKitchen!

grandhyattsingapore, Management team at StraitsKitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear TallMama2,

We absolutely loved to read about your experience in StraitsKitchen!

Thank you also for the wonderful comments on our team member Dushku. We are delighted to read how well you were taken care of and how much you enjoyed the personal interaction with her, our chefs and restaurant managers. We appreciate also your pleasant comments on the food quality and overall restaurant ambience.

We truly hope to be able to welcome you back to StraitsKitchen real soon.

Your sincerely,

Grand Hyatt Singapore Management team

Reviewed 1 March 2017

My wife and I made reservations at this restaurant based on a recommendation. We were not disappointed. The cuisine selection was extensive. Every major food group: Singaporean, Chinese, Malay, Indian was represented. It's definitely a foodies delight and it's an unlimited buffet meal. I used to live in Singapore way back when and every dish I ate as a kid was available, and brought back good memories. Both my wife and I still dream of this dinner. And we made good friends with two Singaporean ladies seated on the table next to us, and stayed at the restaurant eating and chatting for over 3 hours. There was no pressure from the restaurant for us to finish up our meal. First class!

Dear rvk1995,

We love reading comments such as yours! Thank you for your patronage and wonderful feedback on the food quality and diversity of dishes.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your wife back real soon again!

Your sincerely,

Grand Hyatt Singapore Management team

Reviewed 28 February 2017

A wide range of cuisines here, so there is probably enough to please virtually everyone. Buffets can sometimes get tired, but that didn't seem to be a problem when I visited, as staff were diligently avoiding that. I chose mostly Indian dishes, all of which I enjoyed. Staff were attentive and helpful but the atmosphere had a bit too much bustle for my liking. Not a problem if you're a member of a big party. but probably not a good place for an intimate dinner.

grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at StraitsKitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear kissane,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We were glad to know that you had enjoyed the variety of dishes offered on our buffet, and that you had especially enjoyed food from our Indian station. We will certainly convey your compliments to our service team who will be eagerly awaiting your return in future.