“Dismal”

Cuisines: Singaporean, Street Food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Why do people even bother with this place? Nothing was good. The roast duck was dry; the horlicks flavoured ice cream didn't taste like horlicks; the latte was bad; the fried rice was sub-par; the indian food was too heavy handed with the spices; the roti prata was dry; the fried kway teow was not authentic; the satay was bleak; the peanut pancake was too hard...the list goes on.

If anyone is thinking of having sumptuous food at this restaurant, do not bother. Save your money and make a trip to a food court instead.

1  Thank SHAROON27
grandhyattsingapore, The Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at StraitsKitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Dear SHAROON27,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

We regret to hear about your recent dining experience with us.

We pride ourselves in delivering high-quality food and beverages in all seven venues across our hotel. We offer diners a wide variety of F&B options ranging from local favourites at our StraitsKitchen, to authentic Italian fare at Pete’s Place, and from Thai to Japanese options at our 2016 Michelin Guide Singapore’s recommended restaurant, mezza9.

Hence, we take your feedback seriously in our quest to continuously improve ourselves, and hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to dine with us.

Thank you very much.

The Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Basically it's a glorified hawker center with all the Singapore classics, from popiah to chicken rice to chilli crab - at one (high) fixed price, with fancy waiter service. Everything was good (though even with tools we could NOT penetrate the shells of the crab). Drinks are definitely expensive - it's no bargain - but for a fancy sit-down local food experience, it does the trick.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at StraitsKitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear diner830,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. While we were pleased to read that you enjoyed the many dishes on our buffet, we want to assure you that StraitsKitchen is focused on bringing the best in variety and quality of local food, at a price that is of great value. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Excellent selection of Asian taste
Wide selection of desert
Good tea and coffee selection
Attentive staff

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Dear mingkangc2017,

We were so happy to learn that you enjoyed dining with us at StraitsKitchen. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

We brought the family for dinner buffet to celebrate my dad's birthday. We loved the warm welcome, hospitality and service rendered by all the staff. Details were looked into even for my toddler. Prior to making a reservation we had mentioned we require a baby chair and some space for a stroller. It was well catered and even plastic cutlery laid out for my kid. The complimentary birthday cake for my dad was served together with a cute birthday song by the staffs. Food was good and replenished promptly. Thou felt the variety was limited, no complains; food was flavorful and tasty.

grandhyattsingapore, Grand Hyatt Singapore Management Team at StraitsKitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear ParamesRaj,

Thank you for sharing about your recent dining experience at StraitsKitchen. We were so happy to know that everyone including the little ones had enjoyed their meal with us over your father's birthday celebration. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team and cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Very tired so decided to eat at our hotel, The Singapore Grand Hyatt, tonight. What a wise decision for us. We just experienced a supper at the best buffet we have ever eaten at! The had so many kinds of Singaporean food and every single dish was superb! My favorite was an amazing curried butter chicken. Tender with just the right mixture of spices. I ate so many things. And each was better than the one before it.

Despite being a buffet, the ambiance was quiet and we never felt rushed. The food was presented in a way that was exceptionally appealing. We had incredible service for a young woman, Dushku. She was amazingly attentive. Because I was on crutches, she went around with me and carried my plates. She explained what each of the dishes were and what the ingredients went into them. She even introduced me to the individual chefs and the Maitre d', also a lovely person. A bit later, she came back to my table and asked which dish I liked the best and if I'd like any more of it? She also brought me extras of my newly discovered favorites. What kind of a buffet has service like that? All in all, I ate twice what I'd normally eat and because of the service, had one of the best evenings I've ever had in a very long time. And the buffet price was very reasonable too.

I'll be going back for sure! Thank you StraitsKitchen!

grandhyattsingapore, Management team at StraitsKitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear TallMama2,

We absolutely loved to read about your experience in StraitsKitchen!

Thank you also for the wonderful comments on our team member Dushku. We are delighted to read how well you were taken care of and how much you enjoyed the personal interaction with her, our chefs and restaurant managers. We appreciate also your pleasant comments on the food quality and overall restaurant ambience.

We truly hope to be able to welcome you back to StraitsKitchen real soon.

Your sincerely,