“Best Italian in Singapore”

Al Forno Restaurant
Ranked #279 of 10,788 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$21 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Joo Chiat
Description: Al Forno (east coast) Pte Ltd is one of the oldest Italian restaurant in Singapore since 1995.The owner and chef Alessandro Di Prisco manage to keep the restaurant style intact for 18 years.Very famous for the pizza made by Italian pizza maker in a traditional wood oven.Racommended also the spaghetti Cartroccio (spaghetti seafood), Calamari fritti (deep fried squid) & soute di vongole (souted clams in white wine).
Singapore, Singapore
“Best Italian in Singapore”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Italian boss + Italian chef + Italian pizzaiolo, welcome to Italy and enjoy. Sometimes a bit nosy and very busy. Not at all a romantic place, it's just real good food with mama style portions. My favorite Italian restaurant, trust me, I tried them all ;-)

• Visited May 2011

Singapore, Singapore
“Best value for money in Italian Singapore”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

No they are not the cheapest, yes they are excellent vakue for money . And time after time quality is consistent and service is excellent. Real Italian food, fresh ingredients , healthy portions and nothing else ...

• Visited August 2011
London, United Kingdom
“italian real Trattoria Style”
Reviewed 1 October 2009

i'm Italian
Pizza is really good and pastas are home made and very well prepared, is not a fancy fine dining place and as never ment to be so but for the price you pay the quality of the food and the kindness of the Staff are absolutely great.
Ciao Alessandro just continue like this.

singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AL FORNO (EAST COAST) ITALIAN RESTAURANT IS THE BEST”
Reviewed 14 August 2009

I dine at Al Forno (east coast) almost weekly with my family or friends. My experiences have always been pleasant although lately I've noticed its been crowded almost everyday. Have to wait for tables. The cheerful Italian manager Alex is always friendly and accommodating. My wife dislikes garlic and is a vegetarian and he always conforms to our wishes.
Food taste as always been constant. Spaghetti seafood is my favourite dish there as well as their soute vongole. Their pizzas are simply delicious - the amount of diners there is the evident of an eatery that prides in fantastic food.
Their homemade panna cotta is a must try.
Al Forno is a cosy eatery for us in the EAST.

1 Thank wongdavid74
Singapore
“Found a strand of hair in my pasta. No apology from anyone.”
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Just went to try out this Italian restaurant for lunch yesterday. I stepped in with another friend at almost 2pm and the only male serving waiter there rushed to pull out the 'Close' sign on the door as soon as we sat down. Guess they close at 2pm for lunch. I felt as if we were rushed through our orders by the waiter. My friend ordered an Italian soda which took the waiter about 15 mins to come back and tell us that it was out. Our food came before our drinks. We had to ask for our cold water. Pizza was good, relatively authentic. I ordered a spaghetti carbonara. I've definitely had better. As I was finishing it, noticed a strand of hair amongst the pasta. Totally grossed me out, we called for the check and showed the strand of hair in the pasta to the waiter at the same time. He took the dish away WITHOUT ANY APOLOGY and promptly came back with the check, WITHOUT SO MUCH OF A DISCOUNT. This will definitely be my last visit. Horrible experience, with DIRTY FOOD AND TERRIBLE SERVICE (especially by the waiter) overall.

2 Thank Brinz