“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Area/City Area
Reviewed 29 May 2016

This is my best dining experience in Singapore so far ! We all took the 4 courses menu at 75$. Even if it is 4 courses, you don't overeat as portions are very moderate. Everything in the plate is beautiful to look at, and then, when you eat, so many flavours, tastes, come out and it's simply divine. Very delicate, subtle, balanced. There is a good wine list as well as a sake list. You get very good advices on wines to best match your dishes. Service was excellent, very professional. And finally, the place, which is almost hidden in an hotel, at Mount Emily, is beautifully arranged, with nice wood furnitures. Very good atmosphere. I will definitely go back there.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank Olivia T

Reviewed 16 May 2016

This restaurant must be one of the best kept secrets in Singapore. The food is simply exceptional & even on our 2nd visit we found it absolutely stunning.
I have no wish to bore anyone by going through thw whole 'Omakase' menu dish by dish but suffice it to say that whether your palate prefers seafood, meat or puddings you will not be disappointed. I think only 1 or at most 2 of the 9 courses were repeated from the first time we came 4 months before & these were worthwhile repeating!
We would describe the cooking as 'Modern Singaporean Fusion' with a fine dining take on several traditional Singapore street food dishes.
Best served with their own selection of different Sake's, even including a kind of 'pudding' sake which is both most unusual & a delicious accompaniment to their wonderful desserts.
Not cheap (expect >£100 per head with sake or wine) but well worth it for a true modern gourmet splash out! We will not hesitate to go again next time we're passing through Singapore.

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 15 May 2016

Interestingly designed space in the Hangout Hotel on Mount Emily. The food amalgamates local influences and ingredients with western techniques. Stand out dishes were the pomelo salad with frozen coconut dressing, beef carpaccio with sesame and ginger puree & linguine with laksa pesto. Wine mark ups slightly exorbitant, but hey, it's Singapore!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

This place has been around about 10 years and my 2nd time here. Just managed to debut on the Asia best restaurants list also

Was renovated 1-2 years ago and the tables seemed closer together. A sushi counter was built for the omakase dinner

We opted for the 4 course dinner. The wine list is short and kind of blah. My first course of pomelo salad had an instantly local flavour. The 2nd course of spaghettini is similar to the one at Ember . Main course of beef was alright. Dessert was deconstructed cheesecake

Overall very good, but many other restaurants to fight for mindshare here

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

I visited Wild Rocket with around twenty of my work colleagues for a team dinner. By and large, most of the group were impressed - and so was I. However, I felt it just missed a special something that restaurants of this sort need to get the top rating.

We ate from the four course menu. I chose beef carpaccio, basil minced pork, pork char sui and cheesecake. The food was consistently good. Each of my dishes was creative, well balanced and very tasty. In fact, I'd struggle to rank them in any particular order of preference - and to some extend, that highlights where Wild Rocket just falls short. There was no single standout dish that I would insist somebody must try. If I went again, I'd probably choose four different dishes. All very good, but none that left you begging for more.

Wild Rocket has a lot of other things going for it. Located slightly out of the way, there is an element of escape about its setting. Oddly, it is attached to a hotel that has a very different class/style, but the restaurant itself has a nice ambience. The set up is simple but the quite perculiar wooden barbs coming from the ceiling add an element of intruige.

Service was very good. Both leading up to the booking as I changed the headcount and on the night itself, I found them helpful and friendly throughout. One of the best compliments you can give service is to say you got everything you needed but didn't really notice they were there, and I would say that applies here.

Overall, a very nice place and I'd recommend a visit. I have no real criticism, I just didn't quite find a 'wow factor' in otherwise very good food. Perhaps somebody else will!

2  Thank Peter C