“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Area/City Area
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We went for a function at Wild Rocket one evening and had set dinner. The mean was excellent - we had scallops, papaya salad (Fantastic), risotto, as well as other dishes. Service was attentive. The portions weren't large but very tasty with good wine pairings. I will be back.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

The menu is relatively, as there aren't that many to choose for, we basically tried 2/3 option in each stage of the meal.

Appetizers: Pomegranate Salad, Salmon and Baby Octopus with Rice
Pasta: Laksa Pesto, Spicy Crab Spaghetti and Seafood Linguini
Main: Iberico Ham and Short Ribs
Dessert: Strawberry Cheesecake and Pandan Pana Cota

I am just simplifying the menu, with the most basic description.

The thing that I felt, basically was that there are some very nice meals like the Laksa Pesto and the Ribs. I wouldn't really say that the flavour or the taste of the restaurant is purely Singaporean, as there are many parts of Asia or even western influence on the dishes that are served in this restaurant.

I enjoyed my dinner, but for some reason I didn't quite fully feel satisfied, there is a feel that is missing from me to say that this was an excellent meal. It was good but it wasn't great.

I took quick photo of the meal, if you would like to see.

1  Thank Ronald W
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Take my word for it...just book a table and try it out for yourselves!

Me and my wife went whilst visiting Singapore and we agree that the food is some of the best we've ever had. We like our fine dining and have travelled a number of countries trying some great restaurants, but Wild Rocket was a unique and more casual experience.

The restaurant itself is under a hotel on Mount Emily, you won't stumble upon it, you'll need to have planned the visit. The decor is modern and light with a casual and friendly atmosphere and setting.

The staff were delightful and very knowledgeable about the menus on offer. We opted for the 4 course menu and each picked different dishes so that we could enjoy as much of the menu as possible. The salad came with a frozen dressing that you melt and mix in and wow was it worth it. The taste and attention to detail in every dish was an experience and if we were staying in Singapore for longer we would certainly have gone back.

Dinner for two with several glasses of wine was around s$300 so very reasonable for the quality.

A must try if you like your food and are staying in Singapore.

1  Thank Riceyb86
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Was quite a fan of Willcookwilleat on Instagram, hence decided to pay a visit to this restaurant.

Was a little skeptical when I saw the menu online and nothing strikes me as must-have immediately. I am not a huge fan of fusion food too. Was pleasantly surprised that the food turned out to be really good!

Had the Pomelo salad starter & it was very refreshing. Laksa pesto pasta was the highlight for me. Flavorful, pasta done well & it's just an excellent creation - could never have imagine that two strong flavors could blend and taste so well! This is a MUST-TRY!

Had the lava cake & strawberry cheesecake for desserts. Both are nice.

The location was a little inaccessible, service was alright. Definitely going back for the laksa pesto pasta!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank kellynelly
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We had a variety of a la carte dishes with 5 people and booked a few weeks in advance. Except for the bar it was full house on a Saturday.

Some dishes were compelling: pomelo, prawn and coconut starter, deconstructed strawberry cheesecake dessert, laksa pesto linguini. Chef Low shows he understands flavors and textures here. Others were underwhelming: seafood crustacean oil spaghettini, beef short rib. A pasta of $35 should not be incredibly dry. These need a few more iterations before they are great dishes. Serving size for pasta's and main are a little small, but are just nice for starters and desserts.

Service was attentive, warm and careful we had an infant with us. Patient during our order with questions and able to accommodate. Could keep a better eye on topping up water.

Rich selection of sake's. The wine list is okay, not fantastic (all stocked half-bottles are merlot blend, so much for options), and prices are a tad high even for Singapore. Could use a few better beers in stock as there were only Tiger and 1 Hitachino when we visited.

Date of visit: July 2016