“Bloody extraordinary!”

Alma By Juan Amador
Ranked #13 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$30 - US$125
Description: Enjoy a selection of Asian-influenced Modern European cuisine. Each dish is the fusion of pure passion, fresh ingredients and the utmost in quality. We are open : Wed - Fri (Lunch) Mon - Sat (Dinner) We are closed for every Sunday.
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We weren't expecting much, frankly. I'd bumped into Joseph, the manager, and he was such a nice guy, I promised to 'pop in sometime'.
On the last day of my trip, my best mate in town (luckily and councidentally a 'foodie', popped in for dinner.
We each chose a different tasting menu, and settled back.
Then...fireworks!
I can honestly say this was in the top five meals I've ever had. To qualify that, I've done Paris's 'impossible to get a booking' culinary tables. I've done the Fat Duck, and several Gordon Ramsays. I've done Ferran Adria's El Bulli.
This meal outshone many of those, and while foregoing the theatricals, gave Adria a run for his money.
The head waiter is a jewel, and looks a bit like Sammy Davis Jr. He's funnier, and more charming. Every member of staff was friendly, and totally proud of and knowledgable about the food.
Enough. Just sell your granny into slavery and go to Alma. You'll thank me, I guarantee.

4  Thank godfatherMallorca
AlmaJuanAmador, Guest Relations Manager at Alma By Juan Amador, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Hi godfatherMallorca, Thank you for such a lovely review about Alma! We are totally flattered by your kind review!! Sorry that it took us so long to reply your review! We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed the food and service at Alma. And its now one of your most memorable meal.. And we feel very very honoured to know that you feel that our food and service is comparable to some of the world best restaurants. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Took a last minute detour to Alma and was very happy they had available seats on a Friday evening. The food was top notch and definitely worthy of its recent one star award. The service was very personable and first rate for a restaurant of this caliber. Overall a great dining experience and will definitely be back.

1  Thank G-nature
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Went last nite with a girl friend, the food was beautifully displayed and the service was excellent! Love their complimentary potato bread. They have an extensive wine list with every budget of wine available which is very good! Ambience was perhaps abit too quiet, no buzz and I could not hear any music on the background (which I would have preferred for this type of meal). In any case, they are deserving of their michelin star!

2  Thank queenfoodi
AlmaJuanAmador, Guest Relations Manager at Alma By Juan Amador, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Hi queenfoodi, Thank you so much for giving us an "Excellent" review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the dinner and feel that we are worthy of the Michelin Star. We now have a new menu and it will be nice if we can welcome you again. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Service was patchy at best. They even missed one wine in my wine pairing. Food was one dimensional. All sauce and little depth of flavour. Overall was very disappointed. On the plus side when I said this to the management they did offer us a complimentary calvados and cognac. Which was nice.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
4  Thank nowickir
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Excellent food and service ! We will definitely go back to Alma again !
I had a very enjoyable birthday dinner at Alma !

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co