Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
ZenHotels.com
S$114
Emilia M
Helsinki, Finland

Horrible service, but if nothing goes wrong, it might suffice

Review of Hotel YAN
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Apr 2023
The rooms are small but clean, and the hotel is easy enough to reach with MTR. The sevice on the other hand.. We went out for the day and came back to the room to find it cleand up, but my neclace broken. Someone had broked my neclace with a wooden pendant and left half of the pendant on the nigt stand. I went to tell the front desk. I said that it's not expensive and I can fix it but I just need the missing half. He was nice enough to come and look and make a report to the manager, as we didn't find the missing parts. The next morning as we were checking out, the manager just stated that they had asked their cleaners who said that they had not broken my neclace "You say they broke it, and they say they didn't, so what do you want us to do" I was shocked when she continued "we can make the cleaners come and pay for your neclace but.." So I just said I was unhappy with how they handled this but as there wasn't anythin they were going to do or say, we just left.
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Tip: They are unrealiable, but if nothing goes wrong, I'm sure it's an ok hotel with tiny rooms.
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Hotel Yan, General Manager at Hotel YAN, responded to this review
Responded 17 Apr 2023
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedbacks with us. We have checked and there was no incident record found. We sincerely apologize and hope we can have an opportunity to serve you well. Our friendly and helpful Team is always here for you.
We look forward to welcome you back again. Wishing you a lovely day. Thank you.

S$129
    S$1,453
  • Trip.com
3.1 km from Hotel YAN
View more hotels in Singapore
All reviews walking distance mrt stations short stay balcony staycation mustafa
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2022

Hi Hotel Management,
I want you to know how much I appreciate the excellent service provided by Twinkle when I took one of my best friend to your hotel. Her attention to detail, great communication skills, and ready smile made the experience even better than I expected. I won't hesitate to bring future clients to Hotel Yan!

Your happy customer,
Germaine

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Yan, General Manager at Hotel YAN, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2022

Dear Valued Guest Ms Germaine,

Thank you for giving us your good review, greatly appreciated.
We had great pleasure in hosting you and your friend and we are delighted to know that your friend have enjoyed her stay with us. We truly treasure the beautiful moments.
Thank you for your generous endorsement and kind compliments to our Hotel Team, and your commendation to our Team member Ms Twinkle is much appreciated.
Striving hard to make our guest happy and comfortable is our pride and goal.
Your high recommendation of Hotel YAN Singapore is deeply appreciated. Our friendly and helpful Team looks forward to welcome you and your friend back again anytime and awaits to serve you well.
We are touched by your kind gesture. Your future recommendation of clients to Hotel YAN is sincerely appreciated.
We will continue to give our best.
Wishing you a lovely day! Hope to see you again soon!
Best Wishes!

Reviewed 18 October 2022 via mobile

The shortest hotel stay I've enter had. Checked in and checked out in less than 2 hours.

The room was small but I didn't expect anything else given the price I paid and it didn't concern me.

However the cleanliness of the room was a major concern. There was more hair on the ground than on my head (I'm not bald). There was a rug in the room and there was lots of hair on it. I wasn't brave enough to look under it. There were also bugs in the room as I was bitten multiple times during the short time I was in the room. The whole room looked dirty.

The staff were helpful and refunded my payment after I complained about the cleanliness of the room.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank winfredfan

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your stay experience, we appreciate your review.
We have done a thorough check and there was no incident record found.
Regular pest control checks are conducted frequently and additional cleaning has been carried out.
Further investigation by the Pest Control shows no bugs in your room.
Our Team would certainly have helped you out most heartily if you would have approached them for assistance.
Enjoying your 2 hours stay in the hotel and then checked out making unreasonable comments, no proof of multiple bug bites and demanding for a refund.
This is certainly not justifiable.
We refunded the money out of grace and good will (case to case basis), not because the incident took place, but in the end, not appreciated, you still make an unjustifiable comment.
Our assurance to our guest and safety remains hotel's top priority.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 25 June 2022

I had an amazing experience while staying in Hotel Yan, staff were very friendly and accommodating, room is small but cosy and the decor is very nice and unique! There are many restaurants and cafes near it, with train stations less than 10 mins away. Overall, 10/10 will visit again, thank you! ❤️

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel Yan, General Manager at Hotel YAN, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2022

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel YAN and sharing with us your stay experience, greatly appreciated.
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your appreciation of our friendly Team, and hotel unique decor. We value your stay with us and hope to be of good service to you again.
Thank you for considering to stay with us again at Hotel YAN Singapore, deeply appreciated.
Our hotel friendly and helpful Team looks forward to welcome you back anytime!
Wishing you great joy and happiness always!
Thank you. Cheers!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 17 April 2022 via mobile

Came with friend for a staycation, we liked the ambience and atmosphere of the hotel, the hotel counter staff is friendly too, she greeted us with a smile and let us check-in early. Location is good as the hotel is near a lot of F&B places and MRT stations. There's only one minor flaw: Nobody came to clean up our room even though I had already put out the "Please Clean Up Room" sign 😅. A suggestion to do up the plants at the balcony, it will be a plus point if theres more greenery there :)

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hotel Yan, General Manager at Hotel YAN, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2022

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel YAN and taking time to give us your kind review, greatly appreciated.
We had great pleasure in hosting you and your friend. We truly treasure your presence with us.
We are delighted to know that our hotel location suited your stay, surrounded by many good cafes and eateries.
Thank you for your generous endorsement that our hotel is well located, warm personalized service and friendly staff, greatly appreciated.
We have noted your feedbacks and we will continue to strive hard and aim to deliver high levels of hospitality and service to our guest. Your recommendation of Hotel YAN Singapore is deeply appreciated.
Thank you for the beautiful memories and our Team certainly looks forward to welcome you back again anytime!
Wishing you a great day! Thank you. Cheers!

With Best Wishes Always!
Hotel YAN Singapore

Reviewed 15 April 2022

The staff here was very accommodating. I was served by Wenqi. She was very extremely professional and was kind enough to give me a room upgrade. Sincerely thank you! I have to write 200 words. I dont know what to say ahaha

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel YAN and giving us your good review, greatly appreciated.
We had great pleasure in hosting you and we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your generous endorsement and kind compliments to our Hotel Team, and your commendation to our Team member Ms WenQi is much appreciated.
Striving hard to make our guest happy and comfortable is our pride and goal. Your high recommendation of Hotel YAN Singapore is deeply appreciated. Our friendly and helpful Team looks forward to welcome you back again anytime and awaits to serve you well. Wishing you a lovely day! Hope to see you again soon!
Best Wishes!