“Michelin service”

Ranked #357 of 11,374 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marina Bay
Description: An intimate and sophisticated dining sanctuary by the acclaimed designer Andre Fu, La Brasserie is a chic restaurant that is complemented by discreet and attentive service. Offering superb waterfront views through 10-metre high floor-to-ceiling windows, the classic salon styled restaurant, with towering ivory French panels and masculine herringbone oak flooring, is furnished with a palette of warm grey, burnt orange and dark aubergine. La Brasserie offers a private dining room and a stylish al fresco dining terrace that are ideal for important business lunches or romantic dinners. To accompany the epicurean adventure is a fine cellar stocked with wines handpicked from the world’s best vineyards.
Reviewed 28 March 2015

I came here for the 1st time , in part to try the food of a French michelin chef who was in town for the week. I expected a set meal and was surprised to see the restaurant in the middle of a buffet. After a few confusing minutes, they explained that the michelin menu is available in a la carte

While looking at the menu, the French and local chefs actually came by to say hello which was a nice touch. after chatting, we agreed to try 2 starters that was to be shared with my friend, followed by our mains. the 2 starters - foie gras and eggplant, were ok but not outstanding . Then surprisingly , 2 more starters came! I didn't bother to kick up a fuss, and this prawn starter was also just slightly above average

My main of fish with risotto was again pedestrian. my friend's chicken with truffle was slightly undercooked , which I thought was a no no

We decided to skip dessert since we had 2 starters each and also we weren't that excited about the food quality

The other nice touch was that the staff kept filling our wine glasses at no extra charge

Ended with petit fours and even then, they weren't totally impressive

Perhaps the regular menu here may be better ..,

Reviewed 18 March 2015

It is a Tuesday evening and yet Clifford is bustling with hungry diners. The restaurant is 1 of the few among The Fullerton Bay Hotel and is housed in a nice colonial setting, pretty much like Au Jardin. My guest and i was greeted by a poker faced hostess who led us to our table without much of a word, not to mention any eye contact or half of a smile. Without saying the night didn't start as well as we would have liked.

My guest and I were here for a special set menu and it costs $55 per person with 3 courses. Clifford adds to the menu by suggesting alternatives at an extra charge. The server who took our orders explained patiently to us the alternatives and soften the mood slightly after our encounter with the unfriendly hostess.

First up, the bread... Alas i didn't take a photo of it but the bread basket is (almost) the highlight of the meal. The bread rolls are warm and soft and is served with butter and some sort of Pâté which was fragrant and appetizing. Next the starters... The mushroom soup is quite typical and really nothing outstanding. The Tuna Tartare is fresh and the greens on the side well seasoned and appetizing. Then the main courses - my guest's Whole Lobster Angel Hair was good though the pasta is slightly too generous. I had some short ribs which was very tender and tasty although it might be better if more tendons or fats were present. The bed of mash potatoes were a pleasant surprise as well, especially when u mix the sauce from the ribs into it. The dessert... well, pretty standard fare and i would rate them at a decent 6/10.

Throughout the dinner, we were served by a very nice lady, EMMA, who spots a flip contrast from the hostess who brought us to our table. Emma was friendly and always carries a mesmerizing smile. She is ready to offer suggestions, engages in short dialogue but at the same time knows how to not intrude our space and dinner, as some over eager servers might do. Excellent service from Emma. I later concluded that almost all the staff working inside the restaurant, from the managers to the servers, were in fact friendly and service oriented. One has to ponder why Clifford decided to deploy the most unfriendly staff right at the door. Or perhaps it is just us...

The ala carte menu at Clifford offers a decent variety as well. Starters are from $20++ and main courses are from $40-ish up. I would love to return to try their burgers and oysters.

Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

The breakfast buffet came with our hotel package, so I am not sure how much it would have cost. there was a wide variety of foods and everything we had was wonderful each morning. The service was also very good.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

Our experience at Clifford started out well and unfortunately degenerated through the evening. This is a beautiful restaurant with tall ceilings and lush furnishing which made a great impression. Our starters came out well and we were expecting a very good meal. When our mains came, my palate was shocked by how over-salted our steak and spinach were. Our food was so salty we couldn't taste anything else subsequently.

Quite a shocker for a fine dining restaurant. At those price points, you don't expect such a basic culinary mistake!

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Amazing ambience and setting of the restaurant!! Truly a very romantic place to be at with ur loved ones. Appropriate food portion, price is definitely steep.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co