“Nice location for drinks”
Review of Poblenou

Poblenou
Ranked #114 of 496 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2014

The place is located nicely near the main touristic streets for valparaiso, and looks inviting from the outside. The decor and style is great and cozy. I had couple of drinks and some snacks. The food was not that special, but drinks were good. I was there early in the evening and the only customer, but I can imagine it can have a great atmosphere late evening.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I should have been warned by the fact that the only music they played was Buena Vista Social Club. I can imagine that when the place is packed there may be a good party atmosphere here.

But during the week there were few other guests and service was still very slow. My drink was OK (I had better Pisco Sours in Chile) but the food was just terrible. My tortilla de papas con chorizo so sweet that it did not help pouring salt on it (the pepper mill did not work anyway), I had to leave half of it despite being hungry.

I strongly agree with other posters: do NOT eat here!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I have spend several weeks in Valparaiso and I must say this is definitely my number 1!!! The design is cosy and modern at the same time with a big fireplace for the colder days and a terrace for summerdays!! The staff is superfriendly and their music selection (loungy, jazz) fantastic!
The tapas are pretty big, with quite some vegetarian and seafood options: honest and simple food!! I also love the fact that you see a lot of locals, having their after office: huge selection of cocktails with fresh fruits: the piña coladas as well as mojitos are yummmmyyy!!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Yuck! I cannot believe this place is a hot spot in valporaiso. Food is quite unimaginative and lacks any flavor. Wine was great, but grilled cheese with a few pieces of seafood on top is not my idea of tasty offerings. Small menu with unappealing choices. Great wine though. Stop by for a drink, then head out for something to eat.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Very good tapas and other menu items in terms of both taste, overall quality and quantity - portions are much larger than usual for tapas bars.

Be prepared, however, to wait a bit when there are more people. Although very friendly, the waitress was also the bartender and she seemed a bit overwhelmed once the place started to fill up later in the evening. To be fair, we left at about 9:30 p.m., and don't know if additional staff comes in later in the evening, when things normally pick up everywhere.

Also note, this bar can get pretty loud as the evening progresses as the crowed gets younger too.