“Luxurious and convenient ”

JW Marriott Hotel Quito
Ranked #11 of 116 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Conveniently located to uptown and downtown Quito, with fantastic restaurants on site. Concierge service and clean rooms highlight why Marriott hotels anywhere in the world are a great choice. Car service on site is a bonus.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,730)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

On our way to the Galapagos Islands and upon our return, stayed here. Beautiful hotel and accommodating staff. We ended up here longer than expected due to Hurricane Harvey closing our airports in Houston. The staff gave us suggestions for dinner and arranged for a car to transport us to the airport after several day delays.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We (family of four) spent a couple of nights prior to our Galapagos cruise. Check-in (late night) and check-out (early AM) was a breeze. Staff was very friendly and the atrium lobby was very well decorated with lots of roses.We had an inter-connecting room - a junior suite (which had a bath/soaking tub) and a double deluxe. It was very spacious and gave us lot of room to move around and relax. Bathrooms were very large and had rainforest shower. Our rooms were in the 4th floor, and we had access to the lounge (9th floor) which had excellent views of the Cotopaxi. We had breakfast at the Bistro Latino one day and dinner at the Sushi bar. Both were very pleasant experiences. Wi-fi was good throughout the hotel - decent bandwidth to check email or browse websites. Since we were out most of the day, we did not use the pool or gym facilities... Overall, an excellent stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Our rooms were close to the elevators, but we could not hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our cruise package for Silverseas Galapagos. I’m not sure if I would have chosen it on my own but I was very happy with it. It’s a bigger, more corporate type hotel than I normally like but it served it’s purpose. The rooms were very nice and well appointed. We especially liked the fitness and spa area. They have an absolutely lovely outdoor pool but we didn’t use it we were very busy and did not have the time. Our package included breakfast and the buffet breakfast was very nice and had lots of choices.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We were overall very impressed by this hotel. It's absolutely beautiful inside. I loved the flowers everywhere. Our room on the executive floor was SO comfortable. The beds are soft with tons of pillows and a down duvet. The room is spacious and the bathroom is fantastic.

When staying here, absolutely make sure you're on the executive floor with unlimited access to the lounge. The food was absolutely delicious. Breakfast is a giant buffet of everything you can imagine, so are the appetizers. The only complaint I would have is that they present hours in which food will be available, but if you're not there right away the food might not be available. For instance, we showed up an hour before appetizers should be over and they were already taken down. Lunch "to go's" were often not replaced and neither were desserts. If I pay for access to this, I expect it to be available during the hours mentioned.

As for the restaurants in the building, the Argentinian restaurant was fabulous. They have this wonderful red pepper butter!! However, the sushi place was OK and service was not good. The sushi was a little flavorless and crab looked imitation to me. The waiter took my order and even though I was specific and even pointed to the menu item, he brought the wrong items originally. Most restaurants are also not open for lunch, which seemed ridiculous to me as we had to leave the hotel multiple times when we wanted to stay.

The staff was excellent. We left a bag with very expensive camera equipment in the executive lounge one afternoon and they promptly returned it to us. They answered all my questions, constantly gave me change for tipping, and were very friendly. Prices for the airport were a bit high. $50 for a regular vehicle when I could walk ten feet to the street and grab one for $25. I would justify the added cost if the vehicles were luxury, but they were not.

Finally, definitely visit the spa! We had THE MOST amazing massages there. The women definitely knew what they were doing, plus you get access to the hot tubs, etc. It was a wonderful experience and well priced.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple