US$98
US$80
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$120
US$91
US$111
US$86
Hotels.com
US$54
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast buffetthe penthousetour packagegate travelstreet noisenice hotela king size bedfront desk staffgalapagos islandsartisan markethotel stafflobby arealate checkthree nightssitting roomspent two nightsold town
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived here in the evening approximately 0030. Check in was seamless. We were given a room on the 6th floor (#608) facing the street ( it is true about the noise from the street. SO loud at times)

First off, the room looked freshly painted, VERY CLEAN and spacious to say the least. We had a mini living room, a desk, a kitchenette area in which they give you a kettle to make instant tea and/or coffee. Your given two water bottles everyday... SWEET. The bedroom was a king size bed with lots of pillows. Closet had a few hangers, a safe, great flat screen TV with some English movie options. The bathroom, although not modern, had everything you need. My only complaint would be the blow dryer. It kept going out after a few minutes requiring time to reset, which was VERY annoying.

House staff kept our room nice and clean with toiletries refreshed everyday and towels.

My husband utilized the gym. He said it had a bathroom, jacuzzi, 4 cardio machines and a bench with different weight dumbbells.

Breakfast in the morning is of great value. It ranged from someone making omelette, fresh fruit, potatoes, sausages, pancakes, and toast.

Service was great we left with no complaints.

As for location, we didn’t explore much since we had each day planned with an agency that picked us up.... but with our one walk to the pharmacy for a new contact case we saw a nearby coffee shop across the street, ice cream store, sushi and not very far from shops and bars.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
AlamedaHotelMercure, Director General at Mercure Hotel Alameda Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Guest

On behalf of Alameda Mercure Hotel, we thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments, which will enable us work on our continuous improvement.

We are greatly sorry for the inconvenience arisen, and we hope to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

First time in Quito, Ecuador or even South America for that matter and this was our first Hotel. Not super luxurious but not horrible either. I would say about a 3.5-4 star hotel.

Centrally located to a lot of nice coffee places and eateries. Upon entering the hotel the lobby area was very updated and nice to hangout in. Someone was always there to pleasantly greet you.

Check in was super easy. Rooms itself were decent. Had a more apartment feel than hotel with the seperate bedroom and couch w/ dining table which was nice. Also had a small patio that overlooked the city somewhat. Bed was a little hard for my taste but they did give us 6 pillows! Lots of AMERICAN plugs so you didn’t have to use your travel plug for this country. Bathroom was ok too, but the tub was a weird setup. Really high and narrow which didn’t help with my light headedness from the elevation lol.

Other amenities included a nice restaurant which we had breakfast in every morning, a separate bar and a very small fitness gym that had lots of windows overlooking the city while you worked out. It even had a dual person jacuzzi for after your workout. We only had breakfast here, but I did like the omelette station and buffet style setup.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. Only stayed 3 nights so it was a quick stop. Would come back again to this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I stayed here for 1 night before starting a tour and had an excellent stay. The room was comfortable, had a great view of the city, and I ordered room service which was FANTASTIC! It was brought fast, and was super tasty (Hawaiian pizza, raspberry mousse chocolate ball). It was a great deal too - only $14 including service fee and tax. Definitely check out the dessert menu even if you don't get a full meal. The service on front desk, bell staff, and breakfast buffet was all great too. I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
AlamedaHotelMercure, Director General at Mercure Hotel Alameda Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Dana

On behalf of the team here at Mercure Hotel Alameda, thank you for taking the time to share with us your priceless comments.

We would love it if you could share your experience at Mercure with your contacts.

Thank you for choosing us!

Mercure Hotel Alameda

Reviewed 9 January 2018

My wife and I spent a total of six nights at this hotel as part of a trip that we made to the Galapagos Islands (four nights before, two nights after). This hotel is used by our tour operator, and based on reviews that we read online, we saw no reason to change hotels.

This hotel is part of the French-based Accor group, which has locations around the world.

Upon our arrival late in the evening, we were given two room cards for our room. Since we had been pre-checked in, there was nothing for us to fill out or complete. Very thoughtful. I had asked for a room on an upper floor, which was what we were given. The room was very clean, spacious enough and had all the usual amenities one would expect in an 'upscale' hotel. What we noticed that this hotel does not have is heating or air conditioning in each room. Now, since Quito is at an elevation of about 9,000 feet I certainly understand the reason for no air conditioning. But I was skeptical about not having central heat. Amazingly enough, our room never got cold, and we never had to ask the staff to bring up a portable heater. I guess a properly built and insulated hotel can save lots of money and protect the environment at the same time.

We liked everything about this hotel, including the location. It is near a beautiful handicrafts market, lots of restaurants, some older churches and some parks. We were told, however, to be cautious at night if we walked more than 8 or 10 blocks south of the hotel. We took that advice

Since breakfast was included with our room, we ate at the hotel. We were impressed with the selection and variety of everything offered. The staff was courteous and multilingual.

We also ate at the cafe (other than the full service restaurant) in the hotel, and found it to be very good. The sweet potato soup was outstanding.

The hotel has a gift shop, which offers an outstanding selection of local handicrafts. They also are one of the few places where you can buy postcards AND stamps. We had a very hard time finding each of these items.

All-in-all we definitely enjoyed our stay here. The staff was professional yet courteous and friendly. The location is great. The food is good. The decor is very soothing and pleasing to the eye.

We would definitely stay here again, and suggest you consider it too.

Room Tip: Upper floors tend to be a little more private.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
AlamedaHotelMercure, Director General at Mercure Hotel Alameda Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We checked in at 2am and had excellent service considering the time. The next day we went to the buffet and it was decent. That evening my daughter and I went to their in house restaurant for dinner and was very disappointed with what they brought us. We ordered the T bone steak and Shrimp and rice, the steak was suppose to be medium rare and it was really rare which for me was not that bad but the salt level on this steak was like Dead Sea level. Considering I actually ordered the shrimp and rice I traded with my daughter since we were both hungry and didn't want to find another restaurant. Our waiter disappeared after he served us and after waiting for a check for at least 15 minutes I went up and asked for the bill. They obviously knew he was out because they were talking amongst them selves and figured his code to get the bill. This hotel has been real good so far but this restaurant deal I can't get past especially since I'm paying more than if I was home in Washington. My kids would say I'm missing the best feature, their wireless is outstanding and super fast. We got two rooms, the one my wife and daughter stayed in was a Las Vegas Jr suite and the room my son and I stayed was pretty tiny compared to the one bedroom with a business space for the desk and couch that my wife stayed in plus the amenities that they got like a frig and tea for the hot pot was nice. I guess what I'm saying is keep your rooms consistent as amenities go.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
AlamedaHotelMercure, Director General at Mercure Hotel Alameda Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017