US$102
  • Restaurant
US$80
US$76
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$93
US$81
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$62
Travelocity
Blue House(Quito)(Great Value!)
US$25
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbrownierabbitliving roomcozy fireplacewood firesmall hotelevery eveningthe main housequiet streetold townlike coming homeyogurtsingle roomother guestsplaza fochfiltered waterfive nights
Reviewed 5 December 2017

A small older hotel with a friendly, helpful staff. The rooms are nothing fancy and the furnishings are worn and old. The breakfast (extra $5) was good. The hot water suddenly vanished before the shower was done. Wifi works well. Good value. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Douglas D
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Staff was helpful, kind and knowledgeable. Breakfast was delicious and the rooms were incredibly clean. Great location to talk to restaurants, easy to find cabs and a delicious bakery around the corner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent service. Very polite and friendly staff. Excellent dinner menu. Cozy fireplace in reading room. Clean and comfortable rooms. Good breakfast included. English speaking staff. Quick laundry service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017

This hotel (not hostel) is managed in a very friendly and familiar way.
Very nice and friendly staff, wonderfull location (Plaza Foch is less than 5 min away) and a lovely rabbit in the garden, than can entertain any guest!

Room Tip: Quiet and next to the night life area
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Imagine the last day of a truly transformative, fun, spiritual, meaningful trip to the Amazon Rainforest, doing last minute shopping, having your "last lunch" in the city of Quito, then reaching down to put something in your backpack that is in-between your chair and a friends only to find it has been switched out and every single thing you bought, all of your credit cards, money, passport, sunglasses, you name it - gone! And your plane is departing in about 8 hours. Add to the stress and pain of that, you don't speak Spanish very well at all and the police don't speak much English. Feeling a bit sick? I was devastated and hysterical. No money, no ID, no gifts to bring home and no idea what to do next.

So what does this have to do with the Hostal de La Rabida? Everything. My stay there was beyond lovely. The rooms were adorable, the staff was very friendly and helpful, it was in a great location, the breakfast food was fine and Brownie the resident rabbit was the icing on the very warm, welcoming cake. But I forgot all about that when I got robbed - except for the part about calling Haritz Uranga O, the Administrator at the hotel - hysterical and barely making any sense. Within minutes, Haritz actually appeared on the 3rd floor of the police station to support me, bring me a copy of my passport from my room and act as translator. It gets better. I literally had 40 minutes to get to the American Embassy before it closed. Next miracle? Not only did the police escort me to the Embassy, Haritz and a dear friend travelling with me accompanied me across the very big, very busy city of Quito. Next miracle? They kept the Embassy open for me past closing time so that I could get a new passport and Haritz waited for me outside to make sure that I was okay and that I returned back to the Hostel de La Rabida safely. He could not have been kinder, more compassionate, more supportive and more helpful if he tried.

So yes- I will return to Quito because the robbery, although painful, did not define my trip - partly because of how much love and kindness I received from Haritz. This Hostal had a great feeling from the moment I arrived there and little did I know how much kindness I would need. Haritz barely left my side until I left the hotel about 2 hours later.

And I also have to add the Haritz called the owner of the Hostal, Guiseppe Marzano, who also came to see me upon my return from the Embassy, to express how sorry he was that this had happened to me and to make sure that I was in good hands. Have you ever heard of such a thing? I have not. Guiseppe was funny and charming and made me laugh so that I forgot about my losses for a bit.

5 stars? I wish I could give them 10! And I shall return and bring friends.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends