US$146
US$93
US$91
US$69
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$125
Blue House(Quito)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$25
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Did I mention Location? Footsteps away from all of the Old City Historic sites, this hotel is the perfect base for exploration. My room was clean, very quiet and exactly what I hoped for. While I didn't eat breakfast it seemed more than adequate. The Hotel itself is dark and very atmospheric, but still welcoming. I was here four nights and I would certainly stay again and recommend it to my friends. The only issue I had was that the "bi-lingual staff", though friendly and well-meaning, seemed a bit lost at check-in and check-out. Definitely worth staying here! Did I mention the location...

Room Tip: It seems the street facing rooms are noisy! Ask for an interior room, (there are no windows to the outside, but there are "windows" out to the lobby).
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The hotel is located within the historical center of Quito and it is a short walk away from Plaza Grande. In fact, one can easily walk to all of the attractions within the historical center itself. There is a Trolebus station about four blocks away in which one can take to go to other parts of Quito. The nearest Ecovia station is about seven blocks away but it is still definitely walkable from the hotel.

In terms of the rooms, I had no complaints except that my bathroom light was faulty for my first night. I could also access wifi from my room. The place was quiet while I was there, so I could get a good night's sleep every night. It helped that my room was not facing the street and had no windows.

The staff (just a person manning the reception every day) were pleasant, but reserved. The complimentary breakfast consisted of a sandwich, eggs, fruits, juice and coffee/tea. It was nothing spectacular but there was nothing to complain about too.

Overall, for about $35 per night, I was satisfied with what I got.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Eugene A
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We chose this hotel based on its great location to tour Quito and was the starting point for our families to meet for a family trip my in-laws were taking us on. The stay was nice but the checkout nightmare diminished the entire experience.

Ensure your rate and payment before check in and if a pre-paid reservation, make sure they have it before you check in. This was an extremely, poor handling of a payment situation of a pre-paid reservation.

With a 6 AM departure time, we asked to pay the evening before. As we went to pay, they would not accept our pre-paid reservation confirmation number. After quite some time we ended up having a credit card statement showing the payment and they still would not accept it and then started saying he wanted more money than what our confirmed reservation listed, which clearly was marked the amount and PAID IN FULL INCLUDING ALL TAXES The desk clerk would not call his manager at that point, despite our request to do so.

By morning they had their own version of a spreadsheet to prove his supposed side of no payment . This was not an invoice or billing system print out simply an excel document and they would not give a copy. We remained very calm, and he called the police in which was just what our parents in their late 70's needed. At that point he send the spreadsheet, and we ended up paying again just to be able to leave but immediately called to dispute the charge. Ensure your rate and payment before check in.

The rooms themselves were clean and nice. However, if other room's guests are watching TV it can get loud.

Breakfast was poor they offered a cheese sandwich or ham but not both and this was done in the atrium of the hotel not their restaurant. We did have lunch at their restaurant and it was local fare and good.

It is in a good location if you are touring in Quito. However, it is a long commute to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ColoradoJojo
Reviewed 27 May 2013

First the pros: Nice interior courtyard, quiet, ok location about 10 mins walk from restaurants and the cathedral, comfortable, if basic room, modern computer with fast connection. The staff were nice enough though not overly welcoming.
Cons: We booked this specifically for the 'airport shuttle' service we saw online - there isn't one, we just ended up getting taxis to and from the airport (expect this to take between 45 mins - 90 mins depending on traffic). The 'bar and restaurant' were only open at lunchtime and served a very limited menu del día.
Disappointing breakfast - getting bread and jam instead of a ham and cheese sandwich required some persuasion (in Spanish), and we then got one roll between two of us. At a cheap hostel this wouldn't be such a surprise but we expected better from mid-range hotel.
Price - given the limited facilities, there are surely better value options around Quito.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank adam e
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is my fifth trip to S. America and I have to say this hotel is a disappointment so far. The location is great as far as proximity to old town, however this hotel is not accurately represented online. First, we had contacted the hotel in advance for a pick up from Quito Airport. Despite two follow up emails, no one was there to get us. Took a taxi instead without problem. 27$. The hotel is very basic, paint and facilities in need of repair (dingy, light bulbs missing, outlets blackened and burned). Furniture and decor dusty in public areas. Needs a good cleaning and overhaul and would be a great place. The Internet codes for wifi did not work and the only one that did has no connection in the room itself. Only in the common area. Be prepared for no heat also. There was a space heater, but its plug was black and the plastic melted. No chance I'd stick it in a wall outlet. We asked for a map of the area and they don't have any available, but did give a recommendation for a restaurant with a great view down the street.
I'm a very laid back traveler and would say I have reasonable expectations for a big city in Quito, but I've stayed in hostels better than this for a lot less money. Save yourself the headache and take a bus to old town from somewhere with a better value. W paid $60.00 for the night, but won't be staying more than one.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends