All reviews san pedro mountain house loft bed communal areas a great place to meet other travelers rooms are clean stayed longer other guests stayed here for nights hostel healing peru bono bags accommodations
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a retreat. It was organised by pulse tours and we went on the San Pedro through this place. The rooms are small and there are shared bathrooms. It was nice place to sit and chill out and talk to other travellers.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank O6798TMpatrickd
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Im so happy I found this lovely place with so much good energies and nice helpful people that works there.
The place is so nice decorated and the rooms are nice and cozy.
They help us to book our Inka trail and also horseback riding and everything we did was really good standard!
Thank you a lot for a nice stay! We will be back for sure!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2016

I stayed at this hostel for several weeks while studying Spanish in Cusco and participated in two San Pedro ceremonies during that time.

My hostel experience was wonderful. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Glendy is the best!!! I stayed in two different rooms which were both airy, bright, and clean. The bathrooms were nicely maintained as well. There was sometimes a line for the bathroom in the main house, but never in the Anex. The breakfast included eggs which was great! It was also a quiet place where you could get a good night's sleep. It's not a party hostel! Many people staying there were there for spiritual growth.

My San Pedro ceremonies were great as well. The garden space and nearby ruins that you get to visit during ceremony are spectacularly beautiful, and the whole experience is very safe and held with integrity. My first ceremony was with guest hosts because Lesley and her sons were away on vacation. These people were not the best fascilitators and were having heated discussions during ceremony that really detracted from my experience. My second ceremony there was with Simon and Steve and they set a nice atmosphere for the ceremony and discussed with us how to approach the medicine with gratitude and integrity. There was also a Q'ero shaman at my second ceremony who offered blessings and a cleansing to participants, and that was a lovely experience as well.

Take home: Stay at the hostel if you're looking for peace, quiet, and a space for spiritual growth and try a San Pedro ceremony if you feel called.

Room tip: Annex is quieter
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

The hostel was very nice. Good breakfast with bread and fruits, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms (shared), excellent location and very colorful. The Internet is good, but the place was not full. I would come back if I has the pleasure to visit Cusco again.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

The hostel is clean quiet and good value. We stayed there for a week before doing our Inca trek and found the place very comfortable however when we came back we stayed for another couple of nights and the beds werent as comfortable as the first room. Breakfast is really good and you get the choice between eggs and fruit salad, both really good. The girls working at the hostel were really nice and even helped my girlfriend when she had a bad ear infection by ringing ahead to the hospital to ensure there was an English speaking nurse and doctor and then booked us a taxi to the hospital. The hostel runs a tour to San Pedro desert which is very popular with older people so average age in hostel was over 40 and people really enjoy talking about their experiences. We werent really into this so that was a little off putting when it's what most people talked about most of the time but each to their own I suppose. Overall a really nice stay in San blas which is a lovely area of Cusco.

Date of stay: August 2015