“The most magical hostel in cusco”
Review of Casa de la Gringa

Casa de la Gringa
Ranked #67 of 554 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful place. We stayed here for 3 nights and could have stayed longer!
The rooms are comfortable and bathrooms are cleaned reguarly. But the star of the show is the people that stay there, we met some amazing people and came away feeling energised and motivated about life. It really is special.

I also had my second san pedro ceremony there which was held at temple of the moon and from start to finish everything was very well planned. It was 100% better than the first at a different company.

Also a great breakfast and free tea all day!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Not the run of the mill hotel, nestled in the old part of town and only able to reach the hotel by foot, it is a wonderful little gem full of photos and the personal touch...this hotel is used as a staging area for those who wish to go to the owners mountain house to work with medicinal plants and healing, which I highly suggest (book in advance).
Each room is different and it is in its original form, this is not a chick, cookie cutter hotel, it is a unique, special and quaint hotel...anyone complaining obviously missed the whole point of the hotel completely: All about meeting new people and having new experiences.
I loved it and will be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I visited Peru January 2016 (there was no option for Jan 2016) I'm so happy that I stayed with Casa de la Gringa. It was very clean and tidy, the rooms were quirky and the staff very attentive and friendly. There is such a nice vibe about the place and the people you meet there are so kind and fun to be around. It's a few minutes walk from shops, restaurants and markets. For the price you pay you can't beat it. Highly recommend!!

I shall return in the near future

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I love the staff, the atmosphere, the plants, the other guests, everything about this hostel. It definitely was what I needed to round out my first trip out of North America. I felt very safe and welcome the whole time. Uber/Taxi drivers had a bit of trouble finding it, but once we did, its not a hard location. Not sure what the problem was but its in very easy location and walking distance to lots of things to do, shop, and see!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We loved our week at Casa de la Gringa. The owners made us feel right at home - it was like staying with a favorite cousin. The rooms are spacious and there is a lovely courtyard filled with flowers and plants - great for relaxing. We will definitely stay at Casa de la Gringa in the future!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business