All reviews san pedro mountain house loft bed communal areas rooms are clean other guests hostel healing peru bono
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Not the run of the mill hotel, nestled in the old part of town and only able to reach the hotel by foot, it is a wonderful little gem full of photos and the personal touch...this hotel is used as a staging area for those who wish to go to the owners mountain house to work with medicinal plants and healing, which I highly suggest (book in advance).
Each room is different and it is in its original form, this is not a chick, cookie cutter hotel, it is a unique, special and quaint hotel...anyone complaining obviously missed the whole point of the hotel completely: All about meeting new people and having new experiences.
I loved it and will be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I visited Peru January 2016 (there was no option for Jan 2016) I'm so happy that I stayed with Casa de la Gringa. It was very clean and tidy, the rooms were quirky and the staff very attentive and friendly. There is such a nice vibe about the place and the people you meet there are so kind and fun to be around. It's a few minutes walk from shops, restaurants and markets. For the price you pay you can't beat it. Highly recommend!!

I shall return in the near future

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017

I love the staff, the atmosphere, the plants, the other guests, everything about this hostel. It definitely was what I needed to round out my first trip out of North America. I felt very safe and welcome the whole time. Uber/Taxi drivers had a bit of trouble finding it, but once we did, its not a hard location. Not sure what the problem was but its in very easy location and walking distance to lots of things to do, shop, and see!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We loved our week at Casa de la Gringa. The owners made us feel right at home - it was like staying with a favorite cousin. The rooms are spacious and there is a lovely courtyard filled with flowers and plants - great for relaxing. We will definitely stay at Casa de la Gringa in the future!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Lovely hostel. Breakfast was simple but good. A bowl of fruit or eggs and toast. Tea is always available. Rooms were clean and charming. My only complaint was the cold. Rooms are very cold and no heaters were available. We were provided with lots of thick heavy blankets.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends