Open today: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Review Highlights
First Class All Around: 6D/6N Salkantay/Inca Trail

Wow just Wow, what an unbelievable experience. First of all a huge shout out to the management team... read more

Reviewed yesterday
AN42
Providenciales
via mobile
Wonderful company that not only takes care of its customers, but also cares for its workers and community too!

We had a fantastic experience hiking the Salkantay trail with our guide Roro, Super Chef Walter... read more

Reviewed yesterday
scotth007
Sacramento, California
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cusco
from US$450.00
from US$788.00
from US$45.00
from US$479.00
8,024 results
All reviews green machine inca trail cake chose alpaca machu picchu juan carlos head porter every meal amazing experience food was amazing sleeping bags once in a lifetime other companies these guys making sure sous chef an amazing job
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did the 2 day Salkantay Trek with a night in their cabins. It was an amazing experience. The food could not have been more phenomenal, a full multi-course spread for each meal of the day plus snacks. Our guide Yoel was GREAT, very knowledgeable, told great stories, and created an unforgettable experience. The views from the cabins were amazing and stayed warm at night. Both days of hiking were wonderful, and our group felt very cared for.

1  Thank jessicapW8897DV
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I returned Friday night from 4D/3night Salkantay trek it was the toughest trek I’ve ever done but thanks to our guide Erick for pushing me and motivating me I made it to 15k ft Alt. ! it was amazing ! Our chef Dioniso was a star! The dishes were Prepared fresh and from scratch, Healthy, and creative. Rosa amd Beoalberto were impressive as porters. One of the reasons I booked this tour is because they empower women women by hiring women porters and Rosa la Glamorosa worked just as hard or harder than the men. Beoalberto was super humble but extremely hard working as well. Great team work and leadership by our guide Erick! Side note they also let me leave my luggage 3 days later when I didn’t have a hotel room and I had a late bus scheduled I thought that was extremely nice of them to hold my luggage for me most of the day. Thank You everyone in the Alcapa Exp. team :)

1  Thank DaniTimeTraveler
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good organization. Lucio was our guide and everything was impeccable. Second time I do the 2 day Inca trail. Everyone from the agency was nice.

1  Thank JayTuanisMae

HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Traveling through the Andes on foot is an experience of a lifetime. Alpaca Expeditions completely blew us away!! The organization and coordination of the whole trip is extremely impressive. The employees of Alpaca do their jobs with so much heart and pride. The food was some of the best we had in Peru. Seriously cannot believe what we ate on our trip. Gregorio and Cecelio were AMAZING!!! They even woke up early on our last day to bake us a cake. Everything was done with so much heart and it showed in the quality of everything. They worked hard for us and we really appreciated it. Also Carlitos our horseman had to take me up a mountain on his mule when I got really tired. Then he walked back down the steep mountain and got someone else!!! I am truly amazed by everyone on staff. Shout out to Isao, our guide who really should be a professional comedian. We were laughing the whole trip. He is so good at storytelling and we also learned so much from him. We really felt comfortable and at home with him. He went above and beyond to make our time really special. This was my 30th birthday trip and it honestly could not have been better. If you are thinking about Alpaca, just do it. You won’t regret it. Peru is so special and so good to see a Peruvian owned company doing so much good in the community.

1  Thank floa687
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The 5d Salkantay trek with Alpaca Expeditions was life changing for me. Cannot recommend this company or this adventure highly enough. Our trek guide Daniel was extremely knowledgeable, accommodating, and kind. He instilled in us the idea of a positive mental attitude (PMA) and assured us we could all successfully complete the trek if we kept a PMA (he was right!) In addition to the wonderful service we received from Daniel we also had exceptional service from the rest of the crew (porters, horsemen and chef). Walter was our chef and the head of the porter crew. Each day we were treated to multi course meals and Alpaca/Walter was even able to accommodate special diets for some of the people in our group (vegan and vegetarian). Of all the beauty and wonder we knew we would see in the Andes, having access to large multi course meals (honestly it was too much food for us to eat if you can believe that) was just the cherry on top. This trek is challenging physically and mentally in the absolute best way. As a side note - Alpaca Expeditions is owned by a local Quechua man who empowers women, gives back to the community, and cares for the villages from which his employees come from.

1  Thank wonderchick257